Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Has anyone else thought that the Jerrycan might be a good and much cheaper alternative to having a second toilet cassette?

You could easily empty the contents of the cassette into it and then dispose of it when you reach a MH aire with a dumping point.

Broken Link Removed

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Yuk and yuk!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Norfolk Nomad

Free Member
Feb 23, 2017
Feltwell
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2017
Has anyone else thought that the Jerrycan might be a good and much cheaper alternative to having a second toilet cassette?

You could easily empty the contents of the cassette into it and then dispose of it when you reach a MH aire with a dumping point.

Broken Link Removed
Just remember to keep your mouth closed, when decanting.(y)

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
In case anyone is interested, we bought one of Aldi's 'caravan' teles on Sunday. Certainly not a bad price at £125 with built in DVD.

Works very well, not tried it on 12 volt yet but it does come with relevant socket, lead and plug.

Paul

emo

Free Member
Oct 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Bursner lyseo
Exp
Since2015
In case anyone is interested, we bought one of Aldi's 'caravan' teles on Sunday. Certainly not a bad price at £125 with built in DVD.

Works very well, not tried it on 12 volt yet but it does come with relevant socket, lead and plug.

Paul
We looked at those didn’t think it was 12 volt,could you confirm for me that it is thank you Pat

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
We bought the waste carrier yesterday. Great value at 9.99 and a handy size for carrying.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Had a nose around at Aldi today and bought a tub of the eco bog fluid and couple of the folding buckets for grey waste. Although we already have a couple of folding buckets, they are a pain to fold up, where as the Aldi ones are a little more supple on the concertina and re-folded quite well.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We looked at those didn’t think it was 12 volt,could you confirm for me that it is thank you Pat

Hi Pat

I will try it on 12 volt later just to make sure it works okay but as I said it does come with the relevant bits and pieces so should be okay.

I'll let you know.

Paul

Molls-Phot

Free Member
Oct 8, 2009
Lee-on-Solent
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 340
Exp
Since November 2009
We bought the fresh water Jerry can but will be returning it as it leaks at the top. Not fit for purpose.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We bought the fresh water Jerry can but will be returning it as it leaks at the top. Not fit for purpose.
Looks like using it for dispensing the contents of the loo into may NOT be such a good idea then! :rolleyes: I hope you weren't trying this when you found out about the leak! :D2

Jezlar

Free Member
Jan 20, 2017
Exeter
Funster No
MH
Marquis Majestic 180
Exp
Just bought the very compact ceramic heater for £20 as an auxillary heat source when on EHU. Madge's cab area tends to get chilly on winter nights due to the nearest blown air outlet being amidships by the habitation door. Haven't tested it yet, but hopefully the advertised dual heat setting means that it can be run at less than the quoted 1800W or I'll be tripping the campsite electrics at the weekend.

I'm also crossing my fingers that the fan isn't too noisy as I'm the lightest of light sleepers, unlike Mrs Jezlar, who could happily sleep through World War 3

I plan to test it out tomorrow, so will report back.

Jezlar

Jezlar

Free Member
Jan 20, 2017
Exeter
Funster No
MH
Marquis Majestic 180
Exp
Just bought the very compact ceramic heater for £20 as an auxillary heat source when on EHU. Madge's cab area tends to get chilly on winter nights due to the nearest blown air outlet being amidships by the habitation door. Haven't tested it yet, but hopefully the advertised dual heat setting means that it can be run at less than the quoted 1800W or I'll be tripping the campsite electrics at the weekend.

I'm also crossing my fingers that the fan isn't too noisy as I'm the lightest of light sleepers, unlike Mrs Jezlar, who could happily sleep through World War 3

I plan to test it out tomorrow, so will report back.

Jezlar

Well, that's going back tomorrow unfortunately. Neat enough unit, quite well put together and the lower heat setting seems around half the quoted 1800W maximum power.

Quite a noisy fan though, which would probably have seemed even louder in the van. The biggest problem, however, is the way the temperature control works. You can set a desired target temperature, but when the room reaches this figure, the heater element turns off but the fan stays on permanently. Result: cold air blasting out of the unit until the room has cooled down enough to trigger the switching back on of the element.

I must be getting old and grumpy, but it beggars belief that this sort of "feature" can make it off the design board and into the shops.

Ah well, back to the old convector this weekend, which does the trick but is a bit too big, truth be told.

Jezlar

Oct 28, 2011
west midlands
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
new
Bought the collapsible bowl yesterday, fits our oblong sink in Autosleeper like a dream, the lid even still closes with bowl in situ, another bargain !!:)

Jands

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Funster No
Brought a grey water and clean water Jerry can, the grey water one leaked so changed it.
Also got a collapsible washing bowl, bucket and small bowl.
Still waiting for the 3rd September for the van. lol.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Brought a grey water and clean water Jerry can, the grey water one leaked so changed it.
Also got a collapsible washing bowl, bucket and small bowl.
Still waiting for the 3rd September for the van. lol.
September!!!! Its bad enough waiting a few weeks for ours, I don't think I'd survive waiting that long! o_O

Jands

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Funster No
Retire at the end of August, van on the 3rd September.
Can't wait for my new life to start.
5 months or 19 shifts to do.
Slowly getting the basics ready.
Not going mad as have old camping things, just pick up a few bargans if I see them.
Sorted out our storage today, £350 a year so just have to pay for 5 months of no use, but put mind at rest as awkward to store at home.

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
But the grey one should leak so that you don’t have as much to carry to the waste point in the morning.........:sneaky::LOL:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Oh, it`s not the building she doesn`t like, it`s the thought of her lady frillies undergarments going round in the machine straight after someones had their work overalls go through
Never heard anything so daft........
The machine cleans things...urgo, the machine is clean after each use.
Does she think it uses the same water over and over.. :LOL:

Deleted User
Never heard anything so daft........
The machine cleans things...urgo, the machine is clean after each use.
Does she think it uses the same water over and over.. :LOL:

You ever looked in a washing machine when somebody has had oily overalls in?.......believe me it is not clean!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You ever looked in a washing machine when somebody has had oily overalls in?.......believe me it is not clean!
In which case use a different one ... simples! :)

Deleted User
Bl**dy h*ll. Some posh folk on here. You even was your excrement!:eek::whistle::giggle:

I use that term now to indicate something that is so blindingly obvious.......it was said to me by a very nice young French waitress in a café after I had been rambling on about something in my pidgin Francais:)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Wouldn't have thought you would get much bed linen in the washing machine may be a pillow case or two

It will take a king size sheet or a duvet cover (not at the same time!) so it would take quite a while to do a full wash and it is labour intensive. Good enough to do basic stuff like underwear and T-shirts. I'd do bedding and jeans in a site laundry or take enough so I could wait until I got home.

In which case use a different one ... simples! :)

If there is a second machine! At home I regularly (once a month) run the machine empty, no detergent on the hottest wash (as it says in the manual).

Many of the commercial machines are overloaded which is why they don't wash and rinse correctly but it is so tempting to stuff them full because of the cost of a wash.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back