Free Member
Apr 23, 2010
london
Funster No
MH
bongo
Exp
hi all
new to this lark and need a gas bottle for the van a camping gaz 907 fits and was wondering if you buy second hand (e-bay? ) will i be able to get it refilled as i won,t have a contract? or do i need to bite the bullet and pay the rental cost.:Eeek:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
You can exchange them at most camping shops, you do actually buy Camping Gaz Bottles so it`s yours whichever way you aquire it. Hope that helps Rob W:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
By the way WELCOME to The FUN:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

soulpaul0

Free Member
Apr 23, 2010
london
Funster No
MH
bongo
Exp
You can exchange them at most camping shops, you do actually buy Camping Gaz Bottles so it`s yours whichever way you aquire it. Hope that helps Rob W:thumb::thumb::thumb:
cheers rob
might have to cook sum thing and not go down the pub to eat (only had a drink as i was there:ROFLMAO:)

Upvote 0
May 22, 2008
Funster No
Try looking for the GAZ bottles at car boot sales or your local council tip, they are usually available in these places,they are not cheap to get refills though and there are better alternatives subject to space.

Upvote 0

Robinhood

Free Member
Mar 7, 2010
Sherwood Forest
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
they are not cheap to get refills though and there are better alternatives subject to space.

Indeed; Campingaz refills for a 907 cost around 2.5 times more per kg than the smallest Calor/Flogas bottles, and will restrict you to butane only (not good in cold weather).

Whilst this may be a given if your space is very restricted, it's worth checking whether a Calor or Flogas 3.9kg propane or 4.5kg butane (all the same size)will fit before commiting. Personally, I'd go for the propane every time if it fits.

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I ended up buying a new bottle at "Go Outdoors" and using their £4 discount card to reduce it to about £45 (bottle + fill) :Eeek:. Cheaper than any of the other places I visited.

There's no contract for Campingaz, which the staff didn't realize to begin with....clearly they deal with Calor 99.9% of the time. :Doh:

Tried the local council refuse sites as suggested form various sources - none at the first, and the second wouldn't sell bottles for "health & safety reasons".

Looked on eBay but wasn't convinced about the condition of some of the bottles, plus they were so far away to collect the diesel would have negated some of the savings.:Angry:

Hope you have more luck...

Upvote 0

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
hi all
new to this lark and need a gas bottle for the van a camping gaz 907 fits and was wondering if you buy second hand (e-bay? ) will i be able to get it refilled as i won,t have a contract? or do i need to bite the bullet and pay the rental cost.:Eeek:
The 907 is a fairly common bottle and you will pick one up off eBay quite easily. Some ads will state they post out and give a postage rate. No idea quite how they mail them as it's totally illegal and even couriers won't accept them whether they have gas in or not.

Look for one thats collect only and within reasonable distance to you and it won't cost you much. Alternatively as has been suggested, car boot sales is always a possible.

Upvote 0
May 22, 2008
Funster No
Looked on eBay but wasn't convinced about the condition of some of the bottles, plus they were so far away to collect the diesel would have negated some of the savings.
The condition of the bottles you obtain wont be too critical unless they have gas in them and you intend to use it. As when you change the empty bottle for a full one you obviously get a different bottle,and when bottles go for refill they will be checked for safety before resale.:thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
The condition of the bottles you obtain wont be too critical unless they have gas in them and you intend to use it. As when you change the empty bottle for a full one you obviously get a different bottle,and when bottles go for refill they will be checked for safety before resale.

Good point. In my case, the van was due in about a week and worrying about trying to exchange a dented, rusty old bottle on top of the distance to pick it up, after trawling the tips to no avail, was the point when I decided that l had better things to do than save a few quid.

Hmm...maybe I should look on eBay for the smaller 901, to act as a future stop-gap when my 907 runs out in the middle of a trip. I think it would just fit into the gas locker next to the 907...

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back