Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Currently own '09 A/S Sigma based on Peugeot Boxer 2.2 chassis etc.

Have noticed a strange knock recently (Believe coming from power steering pump???) when engaging in a left turn -Tho not Right turn.

Anyone have this same problem?? and IF so what do you think it is.
Its due 1st service in June but like most things I bet its not covered by the Warranty!!!

Speaking to la lady at Marquis Lee Mill this morning who has had to replace the brakes (£750) on her Merc A/S as this is NOT covered in the warranty.
So just WHAT is covered I ask myself!:cry:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if it was the pump Geoff, it would do it both ways, not just one.

if its a regular clicking sound...getting faster as you accelerate....it sounds like a faulty CV joint but as its less than a year old it must be a manufacturing fault...not wear and tear.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Currently own '09 A/S Sigma based on Peugeot Boxer 2.2 chassis etc.

Have noticed a strange knock recently (Believe coming from power steering pump???) when engaging in a left turn -Tho not Right turn.

Anyone have this same problem?? and IF so what do you think it is.
Its due 1st service in June but like most things I bet its not covered by the Warranty!!!

Speaking to la lady at Marquis Lee Mill this morning who has had to replace the brakes (£750) on her Merc A/S as this is NOT covered in the warranty.
So just WHAT is covered I ask myself!:cry:

Anything thats not likely to break during the warranty period !!!!. There's so much R&D carried out now that warranties are carefully produced to ensure that nothing thats likely to go wrong is covered.

Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
Knock Knock!!

Hi Geoff

Alan says its the universal joint on the drive shaft. If you are turning right and you can hear it it will be on the left side, or vice versa.

Not a big job to do for a skilled mechanic but get the cheque book ready as expect the old saying "afraid its not covered!" will be the answer.

Hope you prove him wrong:Doh:

Myfanwy:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back