Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
near cardiff south wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbie again
has anyone been to bluewater shopping centre in their van if so is the parking suitable for a 29 foot motor and is there anywhere around to wild camp would realy appreciate any feedback as want to go on the weekend :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
has anyone been to bluewater shopping centre in their van if so is the parking suitable for a 29 foot motor and is there anywhere around to wild camp would realy appreciate any feedback as want to go on the weekend :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Coaches park there so it may be worth a ring to see if you can park your bus, as for free camping, I can only think of laybys where you would be able to park, but not sure if you would get moved on by the old bill or not.:thumb:

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I believe Olley has been there several times in his Winnie and parks in the coach area.. no doubt he will be on to give you more details..

Sorry, can't help with wild camping

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I have seen vans parked in Bluewater. As Diablo says give them a ring. They may even let you overnight there if you ask.

As for wild camping. I would say its a bit of a no goer. Lorries park for the night on most of the available spaces.

Due to its proximity to the Dartford Tunnel Lorries used to park for the night everywhere. This caused the local Asda to put up height barriers and for yellow lines to be introduced locally. Police then sent them to University Way where they can be found now on specially reinforced laybys.

I only live a few miles from Bluewater and cant think of anywhere at all that would be safe for the night that is really close. If anything comes to mind I will post again.

Sonja

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Upvote 0

barbt

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
KENT
Funster No
Exp
two
You should be able to park where the coaches park - just ask.
We headed out of Bluewater towards Lakeside and found a decent layby - no problems with parking there. It's great for Xmas shopping - as our granddaughter said " if we haven't spent all our money, lets stay the night and then start again in the morning". Have fun!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back