iNET system for Truma heating. (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Anyone got one of these systems? If so, does it only work whilst you’re within Bluetooth range of the van?

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
It uses an app that send sms messages to it when you are away from the van.
Seems awful lot of money to turn the heating on when the controllers has a timer anyway.

Thanks Lenny.
These are fitted to some low to mid-range MH’s now; one of which I’ve been looking at.
So; effectively, the app sends a text to the van unit and tells it to turn on the heat or hot water? Is that what you’re saying?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Agree, I think the van is more likely to be "iNet-ready" than have the module (which is easy to fit). It will need a SIM card if you want to use it away from the van, else uses bluetooth. It can control more than just heating, if the right kit is added, and even report the amount of gas left in your bottles. Another toy for those that have everything else?

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
O I C, it’s a play on words then. It’s a bit like a TV when it said ‘HD Ready’ when it wasn’t actually an HDTV until it was fed the right signal.

Soooo, unless you add (and pay for) another box of tricks, the iNET control panel is just a bog standard digital controller that you set manually :rolleyes:

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Ours is iNet ready but as you can set the timer for water and heating we've never felt the need to fit the £200 box + fitting. Just set the timer before you leave. You will still rerun to a cosy van.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Ours is iNet ready but as you can set the timer for water and heating we've never felt the need to fit the £200 box + fitting. Just set the timer before you leave. You will still rerun to a cosy van.
My thoughts exactly, nothing to induce me to buy the controller.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
My MH CP panel is iNet ready and I have often thought about adding the iNet box. (y) This would allow me to turn on the water and or heating before I need to leave the storage area without the need to keep the heating and water on every day on a timer.(y) Often we are delayed in getting back to the MH when out for a walk - poor planning I know, but the iNet system would allow us to switch on as and when we pleased. :D2 It is much more than just a timer!! and there are more features being added, like the gas level indicator for those with "Calor" bottles - saves returning a bottle too early. ;) The only thing that has stopped me so far is the price. Great bit of kit, but the inconvenience of not having one far outweighs the outlay. :cautious:

Last edited:

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
The standard timer is a simple 24hour clock. Handy while you're using the van but no good for setting for a future date, even if you knew when that would be. iNet would work if you want to control or measure from a distance at any time that you have yet to decide.
I don't yet have a requirement for that.

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
I'm not knocking the principle or the technology. I'm sure many people will see the value and benefits depending on circumstances. It's just not for us at the moment.

Dare_Devil_Dennis

Free Member
Apr 22, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I was a bit outraged when I found out the iNet box was an "extra" as advised by the swift dealer I bought my first motorhome from. I consequently fired off a vitriolic email to Sargent Electrical to suggest that they, as designers of the electrical systems in the Swift range were using the Truma iNet system as "ransom-ware" and they should be ashamed as they could easily have designed that functionality into their EC600 control panel which incorporates a sim card, tracker system and remote control of lights etc through the Swift APP.

Rather embarrassingly, they told me that was exactly what they had done and there was no need for the iNet box in the Swift range of motorhomes. It turns out that mine didn't work because the dealer had not configured the controller properly. Sargent went on-line for me and set it all up properly FOC!

Unfortunately, the EC500 does not do the same so us Autosleepers customers must do with less or pay more.

Interetingly, the 2018 range that have Truma air con needs the inet box to control the A/C through the CP panel so they come installed. When I bought my 2017 Stanton, I squeezed the deal to include an Inet box in case I fitted the A/C later. I have not bothered yet with a sim card, so I just use it with bluetooth. The Truma APP has a neat levelling function that works with the phone. I think a free sim card will do the job. I think they only need one chargeable call every six months to keep them active.

Dare_Devil_Dennis

Free Member
Apr 22, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Yes, but not cheap and no real benefit. The CP controller is not that intuitive (unless I have less intuition than most). The dual dial set up is simple, the CP controller is not. You could add a timer the the Dial set up if you wanted to.

Some forum participant was advised by Truma not to bother upgrading to CP controller.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Can the CP controller replace the dual dial set up ?
Yes did on my last van, early C4 or C6 Combi's need a replacement PCB Truma do a kit for about £400. If your boiler is CP ready you just need the controller around £250.

Well worth doing as the CP Plus controls the heater fan so much better and keeps the van at a much more even temperature. Due to trade contacts I didn't pay anything like that for mine but after finding out the improvement I think I would had paid the 250 if needed.

Last edited:

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Can the CP controller replace the dual dial set up ?
Can't add too much to @Lenny HB post above. I had mine done by dealer FoC as an upgrade.(y) Very good benefits of easier control, set temp as you like not just "about" and you can off set the Room temp stat so if you find your stat is over the hab door and colder than the rest of the MH, you don't have to sit in a sweat box until the room stat gets to the same temp as the room. My stat is over the rear door and beside the open vent, so there is quite often a 4 deg difference between the rear and the sitting area which is far too hot for us. plus the bathroom gets like a sauna.:oops:

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Hi we’ve got the iNet on our new (to us) Warwick Duo. I’ve easily set up the Bluetooth control via the app, & I ordered a PAYG mini sim from Three, and put it in. Now Three are saying the sim needs to be activated before I can top it up. Can it activate via the iNet box does anyone know? It’s a mini sim, & we have iPhones, so can’t just put it in a phone to activate it.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Providing your iPhone is unlocked don't see why you can't put the SIM in to activate it.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Apparently Alde, unknown to me in the same group as Truma, have discontinued their smart control and it will be replaced by iNet, they just don't know when.

RichyWHL

Free Member
Feb 12, 2018
Funster No
I've got one, didn't realise it was an extra when the van was kitted out, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

Tude

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Thanks Lenny.
These are fitted to some low to mid-range MH’s now; one of which I’ve been looking at.
So; effectively, the app sends a text to the van unit and tells it to turn on the heat or hot water? Is that what you’re saying?
These are fitted to motorhomes if all prices even over £100k !!!!

Tude

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
I net ready panels still need a inet box fitted with a SIM card. Then your smart phone can connect to it .as long as your panel is on you can communicate with your fone IE turn the heating on or turn the heating up .

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
My MH CP panel is iNet ready and I have often thought about adding the iNet box. (y) This would allow me to turn on the water and or heating before I need to leave the storage area without the need to keep the heating and water on every day on a timer.(y) Often we are delayed in getting back to the MH when out for a walk - poor planning I know, but the iNet system would allow us to switch on as and when we pleased. :D2 It is much more than just a timer!! and there are more features being added, like the gas level indicator for those with "Calor" bottles - saves returning a bottle too early. ;) The only thing that has stopped me so far is the price. Great bit of kit, but the inconvenience of not having one far outweighs the outlay. :cautious:
Not sure I would want to leave the gas turned on whilst in storage for a while just for the convenience of being able to warm the vehicle up and turn on the hot water.

Tude

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
I think the panel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun