Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sorry if this already been .on .. butmy battery going

Just driven round loads and phoned every LPG supplier that I can get the number of within 60 miles ... none of them have any LPG ..

Several said they don't expect a supply till around April ...

If you are on lpg and no hookup ..may be worth checking near you in case you are lucky and before it spreads.

Cheers.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hope you find some soon.
We had no trouble here in Spain but using it as need heating on every night.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Been like that in the South East for a few weeks I did do a thread on it.
If you look on Fill LPG their maps shows if garages are out of stock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Just buy the Gaslow adapter and whack on a local cylinder.
Link Removed
Or feed in through a BBQ point with a regulator if you have one .
On a motorhome never rely on one system, we try to have a back up in place for everything.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
GEt yer battery charged download LPGfill.eu app it will give you every LPG fill station there is

You don't say exactly where you are though that would help could open my app and tell you

there's now some in Dover btw for those down that way

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry if this already been .on .. butmy battery going

Just driven round loads and phoned every LPG supplier that I can get the number of within 60 miles ... none of them have any LPG ..

Several said they don't expect a supply till around April ...

If you are on lpg and no hookup ..may be worth checking near you in case you are lucky and before it spreads.

Cheers.

Thanks for the heads up Joy. I better pack the van up and get topped up. Don't think we have an issue this end of the country but better to be safe than sorry.

Oct 14, 2013
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
rollerteam zefiro
Exp
10 + years
Yep there a shortage around here too :eek: but luckily we do have one bottle still full at moment.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i really can't believe this shortage is down to one lpg plant being broken down. especially in winter there should be a protected supply with a contingency plan to import it by ship from other countries. some people have to rely on lpg for heating and cooking at home

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Link Removed
On a motorhome never rely on one system, we try to have a back up in place for everything.

Now that is a piece of kit that's going in my locker. Not such a bad price either until you add on the delivery charge. What a rip off (n). I shall try to get one locally.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Now that is a piece of kit that's going in my locker. Not such a bad price either until you add on the delivery charge. What a rip off (n). I shall try to get one locally.

He checked and due to my situation and system .. it was not possible to have adapter and gas bottle.

He wasn't just saying it .. he'd just had the chance to rip me off big time and hadn't.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
The Beast from the East resulted in gas being transferred to the north (although we were very cold down here too!!) which is why, initially, there were shortages in the south and south east. I guess that now it's just exacerbating the situation and shortages are more widespread. I filled up a week ago at Pear tree services, Oxford, and it seems to still have some, amazingly! My local garage has had none for over a week ago now.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Link Removed
I have the hose to connect to BBQ point am I right in thinking you just need an adaptor on bottle rather than a regulator as gas will go through existing regulator?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have the hose to connect to BBQ point am I right in thinking you just need an adaptor on bottle rather than a regulator as gas will go through existing regulator?
you need a regulator on the bottle if the hose connection is AFTER the regulator...BETWEEN reg and appliances

If the hose connects between bottle and bulkhead regulator then no you DONT need a regulator on the bottle.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No

No your BBQ point will be fitted downstream of the bulkhead regulator so you will need a regulator on the bottle .

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
you need a regulator on the bottle if the hose connection is AFTER the regulator...BETWEEN reg and appliances

If the hose connects between bottle and bulkhead regulator then no you DONT need a regulator on the bottle.
I think it is only some Americans that fit BBQ point upstream of the regulator.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
joy try and find a calor gas depot they often have a pump and should be the last to run out we found one in norfolk/suffolk last week

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
@movan Simples - Park in a motorway service area , buy the Daily Mail , leave your Rolex on dash board with your Ipad too - guaranteed you will get gassed ! (y)

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.

No your BBQ point will be fitted downstream of the bulkhead regulator so you will need a regulator on the bottle .

I think it is only some Americans that fit BBQ point upstream of the regulator.

no you need a reg
Cleared that one thanks all!

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Joy,

If you are anywhere near Bristol Andys Gas at cribbs causeway has lpg autogas available.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back