Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Seems to have rushed up and bit me on the arse a bit, thought it was next week. Pleasant surprise, wont be the same without Jules.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Seems to have rushed up and bit me on the arse a bit, thought it was next week. Pleasant surprise, wont be the same without Jules.

No Jules is a disappointment.

I couldn't believe the amount of abuse being trolled on the internet about Jules, I thought he was great.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Jerez Can't wait :) :) :)
Screenshot_20180314-182057__01.jpg

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Set the recorder already.
Must admit I thought he was hopeless as a commentator. Glad to see him go.

He is a fantastic journalist, and a scholar of the sport. Hopeless is James Toseland, Steve Parish, and Jake Humphrey.

You are entitled to your opinion , however misguided it is... ;)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
He is a fantastic journalist, and a scholar of the sport. Hopeless is James Toseland, Steve Parish, and Jake Humphrey.

Don't get me started, what some total tools they have had so called commentating

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
The weekend for me will be MotoGP practice and qualifying, on Friday, MXGP practice and qualifying Saturday, then MotoGP , then AMA SX from 7pm till 3am. Then up early sunday for MXGP 4 races, and MotoGP 3 races.

Unless I cave and flit to Holland for MXGP.. work commitments that stopped me booking have cleared..

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I thought he was great.

So did we. Nice laid back commentary whereas today's motor mouthed kids just have one goal, talk frantically, never stop and if they talk crap it does not matter.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
So did we. Nice laid back commentary whereas today's motor mouthed kids just have one goal, talk frantically, never stop and if they talk crap it does not matter.
Funnily enough I thought he talked mostly crap ......."he's just been overtaken by....ermmmmm.....another rider" being one of his less than informative pronouncements.

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Funnily enough I thought he talked mostly crap ......."he's just been overtaken by....ermmmmm.....another rider" being one of his less than informative pronouncements.

I guess the difference may be that I watch all of the practice and qualifying , and the down time in between, so you get the full lowdown on all the stuff going on behind the scenes , gossip, randon guests and whatever... I don't actually need a commentator to tell me whats going on on the screen , because I can see that .

And to be fair, its not an easy job, with a TV feed , and multiple timing screens to keep up with, its a lot harder than just looking out the window and saying what you can see.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Maybe this is later on, we used to get him when Eurosport had MotoGP, then it way Jules/Noyes/Mamola, I thought a great team.

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
WTF?!

No way?!

Seriously?

I was sure he'd chuck in the towel and concentrate on running his own teams and riders full time :eek:

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Nine-time world champion Valentino Rossi has signed a two-year contract extension to stay with Yamaha.

The Italian, 39, has been with Yamaha for 13 seasons but his contract had been set to expire at the end of 2018.

His new contract means he will continue racing until he is at least 41, making him the first rider since Colin Edwards in 2014 to race while in his 40s.

"I know it's going to be difficult and it requires a lot of effort from my side, but I'm ready," Rossi said.

"The challenge is difficult - being competitive until I'm 40 years old, but I am not lacking in motivation."

Rossi will partner Spain's Maverick Vinales for the next two seasons.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
WTF?!
No way?!
Seriously?
I was sure he'd chuck in the towel and concentrate on running his own teams and riders full time :eek:

He's the biggest name in bike racing still, hundreds of jobs depend on him, millions are made via him. They must be crapping themselves thinking of him going leaving the paddock.

Non of the other riders can create the attention he does. Non of the other riders have any screen presence.

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
He's the biggest name in bike racing still, hundreds of jobs depend on him, millions are made via him. They must be crapping themselves thinking of him going leaving the paddock.

Non of the other riders can create the attention he does. Non of the other riders have any screen presence.

If you think the Rossi bandwagon will stop when he does, you are mistaken. I still think he has what it takes, and when he cant do it , he will know know too.

There are plenty of riders who can step up, and fill the void, when it comes, until it does, i will enjoy the old man taking it to the kids time and again.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Can anyone give me a link to best site for times for today's running order, I use to have one that gave you the weekend TV schedule but ???
Ta

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Good start to the season. Without giving too much away it was a very close finish.
I just hope that using Simon Crafer for the post race interviews was a one off. He was monotonous with his questions and discourteous to the riders, not thanking them for their time.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Got to agree ,some very good close racing. If it's like this for the rest of the season it will be a good year.Roll on Jerez.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back