Help required in trying to locate a missing motorhomer in Portugal (1 Viewer)

DJP

Free Member
Nov 4, 2008
Somewhere in Europe
Funster No
Exp
Untitled.jpeg
Taken from a FB page. Can this be pinned at top of page please?

Last edited:

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Ive just seen this on the autotrail FB page and it's also on a hymer FB page too. Mix really hope they find her soon, her friends and family must be really worried.

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
Ok - will keep a lookout here in Portugal:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
A request has also gone in to the admin of Hymer group for a better contact number / link in case she is spotted so that people in other groups like Fun can make contact if they need to report..

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
GNR and Bombeiros Portugal ? They have the man power,covering roads and Forests.
Tea Bag

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
Hope she’s located soon !!

Feb 16, 2017
Southampton
Funster No
MH
AT tracker 2002
Exp
On n off fer years
Best if any body sees this lady to tell her about the FB post rather than calling the uk. You don't know if the poster is honesty worried or a stalker, if they contacted the police in the uk the message would soon be passed to the police in Portugal . Anyway I hope she's safe and enjoying her trip.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Best if any body sees this lady to tell her about the FB post rather than calling the uk. You don't know if the poster is honesty worried or a stalker, if they contacted the police in the uk the message would soon be passed to the police in Portugal . Anyway I hope she's safe and enjoying her trip.
Similar thoughts went through my head too.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Am I the only one thinking that maybe she’s just off grid somewhere, or decided to not post online, or out of signal etc? Seems a bit of a panic since someone in their motorhome and touring isn’t obliged to report in to some Facebook group! After all, it’s only been just over a week!
She’d probably be mortified her face and van and details being plastered all over the place.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Am I the only one thinking that maybe she’s just off grid somewhere, or decided to not post online, or out of signal etc? Seems a bit of a panic since someone in their motorhome and touring isn’t obliged to report in to some Facebook group! After all, it’s only been just over a week!
She’d probably be mortified her face and van and details being plastered all over the place.

exactly what I was thinking..

why has she been reported missing.. ?

did she miss a 'check in ' with someone or fail to call home at a pre set time.?

over the years there have been many such reports that have proved to be false alarms ..

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Think her brother started the postings on fb. She was checking in often but he's obviously worried by not hearing from her.
Hopefully just off grid.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Think her brother started the postings on fb. She was checking in often but he's obviously worried by not hearing from her.
Hopefully just off grid.

hopefully..

I always thing technology is a double edged sword.. I was going mental wondering what had happened to our daughter.. missed a normal phone call, couldn't find her on the 'find my friend' app on iPhone.. last known place was in the town centre several hours earlier near a hotel ! she was supposed to be at a friends house.. she eventually called about 10pm and wondered what all the fuss was about .. she had been at her friends since catching a bus near the hotel.. phone was dead.. didn't think we would be worried.. kids eh

without the technology I wouldn't have know or been worried.. years ago we went out and came home and that was that.. no one expected a call or a check in..

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
hopefully..

I always thing technology is a double edged sword.. I was going mental wondering what had happened to our daughter.. missed a normal phone call, couldn't find her on the 'find my friend' app on iPhone.. last known place was in the town centre several hours earlier near a hotel ! she was supposed to be at a friends house.. she eventually called about 10pm and wondered what all the fuss was about .. she had been at her friends since catching a bus near the hotel.. phone was dead.. didn't think we would be worried.. kids eh

without the technology I wouldn't have know or been worried.. years ago we went out and came home and that was that.. no one expected a call or a check in..
Still better to be safe than sorry isn't it.

To be honest it doesn't always have to be that someone else has done something to her or anything.
Over the last 6 months while living in my van full time ive thought a few times that if I had a heart attack or something in my van through the night how long woukd it be before someone noticed ?
I mean I've parked in some very out of the way plac, how long before someone came knocking on the van? And then how long before they took that further?

Hope it's a false alarm and she's found unharmed parked up somewhere wondering what all the fuss is about.

I'm not bad I post on here everyday and I also send pics to my mother daily or every second day.
So if 48 hours go by and ive not been heard from then take it from me there's something a miss.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Oh dear I've got all confused. Clicked on Jim's link and thought I was still on main thread and responded to old thread for a minute! Old age is not nice sometimes...

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Oh dear I've got all confused. Clicked on Jim's link and thought I was still on main thread and responded to old thread for a minute! Old age is not nice sometimes...

sorry Joy.. it was just an example of another couple going missing who turned up in good health

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
sorry Joy.. it was just an example of another couple going missing who turned up in good health
Don't be sorry Jim. :) It was relevant ... just me getting my brain cells into gear.

Just shows these things can have simple explanations and happy endings. Fingers crossed this is the same for this lady.(y)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Just a Thought. When we where in the USA travelling we could be out of contact for a week or more. We didn`t "check in" with anyone, just responded to requests as and when we got signals (usually 6am EST as Son got on the Bus at the park and ride!) . Unless you have a proper Satellite Phone, modern Cell phones are still Line of sight and therefore even quite a smallish hill etc: can suppress signal. Hopefully this lady will be found OK, and it would appear that it is not "normal" for her not to be in touch, which is some cause for concern I admit.

Maybe she has found a secret Portuguese Toy Boy Lover and they have snuck off for a romantic long weekend?, Like Shirley Valentine?(y):)

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014

I had the same thought but assumed she is usually in contact and because they haven't heard anything since 4th March they are now worried. They have contacted the police too.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Our two kids were worried before we set off on our five month " Odyssey to Darkest Spain" and insisted we had the "My Family" app on our phones.

Curiously though, they have found a tick box that allows them to hide THEIR location.

Talk about Role Reversal.(n)

Edit.. Apologies if my post is a little light hearted on what could be a serious situation.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Her Brother posted on Facebook. He spoke to his Sister just before Mothers Day and it seems that she was very emotional as they had recently lost their Mother. He was obviously worried about her prior to this call and is more worried since.

I sincerey hope she is off grid with no signal.

Sonja

Sep 28, 2017
Audenshaw Manchester
Funster No
MH
Compass 180 Rambler
Exp
2017 Just started as Retirement looms in August
Lets all hope she is just off grid,what I would advise her family to do once found is Get her to fit a Tracker that way they can see exactly where she is, and really in the great schemes of things little money for peace of mine,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back