Good Bluetooth Speakers ? (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Now that I have finished my bike workshop, I now want a decent sound system. I play music from my phone mainly and for round the house and garden I have one of these ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...olse+speaker.TRS0&_nkw=bolse+speaker&_sacat=0

It's great, but fancy a bit of extra noise. The neighbours won't hear me in the workshop ;)

So looking for a pair of stand-alone stereo speakers. Preferably up to £200. Bluetooth an advantage, but not essential

Any recommendations ?

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
Bose SLIII or cheaper version SLII Both excellent speakers! Good battery life. With speakers you DO get what you pay for.

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Bose SLIII or cheaper version SLII Both excellent speakers! Good battery life. With speakers you DO get what you pay for.
I've heard they're good, but I have a little speaker. I want some wallop and ooomph ;)

A pair of wall mounted jobbies :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Pioneer DJ DM-40 BT, perfect for the task. The 'BT' indicates Bluetooth version, about £180 a pair (y)

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
I've heard they're good, but I have a little speaker. I want some wallop and ooomph ;)

A pair of wall mounted jobbies :)
Produce nice bass and great tone, SLIII is pretty loud. Really depends on how big the space is your listening in? A great big warehouse then no! Better off with a wired system, bad point is it's not portable.. I use my SLIII outside for BBQ's and it's loud enough. Sound quality is very good no distortion when on full. Dad takes his SLII everywhere !!! Try before you buy at PC World or Currys etc. Not cheap but as I said you get what you pay for, you could go further and go for:
https://www.whathifi.com/bose/soundtouch-30-series-iii/review

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I have a little Bose Soundlink Mini in the van and it's great for a small speaker.

We have Sonos through the house in most rooms and that really is great kit. Can't recommend it highly enough. If you want oooomph then a Play 3 is ideal (y)

https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/play3.html

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
It's a huge workshop and sound proofed.
Want some big manly speakers LOL

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
At first I had SWMBO's amp and speakers she uses when singing.

300 watts sounded pretty good :)
But she's singing more and more now so keeps them in the house :(

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Here you go - perfect for a workshop...

dewdcr020_mtsm.jpg

DeWalt DCR020 DAB+ / FM Digital Radio - Bare Unit (MTSQDCR020)

;)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I have tried a few and most are not loud enough for me. I bought one of these at Maplins on special for around £40 and its amazing, plus it has a dab radio

s-l1600.jpg

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
Jam HX-P920 brilliant use it with my Sat Nav, iPhone, IPad etc as I am hard of hearing it’s been an absolute delight.

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Remember when you had to have massive speakers, I had Wharfedale somethings, proper furniture size.
Then I got married.:(

Cotswoldiver

Free Member
Sep 2, 2016
Beenham
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway El D
Exp
newbie with MH, 9 years with VW Camper
SONOS wins hands down for me all around the house, but I am amazed at the quality of sound from small Bluetooth speakers from the likes of Anker & Jam that I use in the MH

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
it must be about 20 years ago I had a look in there. I was looking at a system consisting of cd player/tape and speakers. I thought it was marked up at £1200 and then realised that was just the speakers. the unit it was sitting on was £400 !!

Deleted User
The Sony mega sound speakers were pumping out some volume last time I was in pic world. Around the £200 mark with Bluetooth, sounded good, however, may not be the sound quality you are after

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
The Sony mega sound speakers were pumping out some volume last time I was in pic world. Around the £200 mark with Bluetooth, sounded good, however, may not be the sound quality you are after
I saw these in PC World too - almost wanted to be a teenager again :whistle:

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
This does the job for me,bluetooth from the laptop and away you go.Not had it flat out yet,havent needed too

Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back