If you have a ford transit based motorhome... (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
This is an interesting watch from a security point of view.

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
I've got a Ford Transit based conversion on order! Can anyone recommend a company in the Merseyside/ Lancashire area who can fit a replock and extra deadlocks.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I've got a Ford Transit based conversion on order! Can anyone recommend a company in the Merseyside/ Lancashire area who can fit a replock and extra deadlocks.
WOrth the extra for peace of mind and go to Eddievanbitz ! Did a great job on ours !

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011

JOdPq7NPhOd2ql47KBBghFGrp16ywF6QaAjv3EALw

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I got some locks from garrison easy to fit and a obd port lock. They also do replacements for mercedes sprinters. Having said that all makes of motorhome base have problems of some sort we had 2 easily dealt with recalls I here on this site some tales of woe with Fiat ones weeks ahead to book and parts not available they all have problems.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
It is the very first thing I would do with a new van. Deadlocks are worth their weight in gold (plus more)...

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
It is the very first thing I would do with a new van. Deadlocks are worth their weight in gold (plus more)...

That depends I'd say. With a coachbuilt my main concern is the damage they do getting in - those plastic windows and hab doors are never going to be that secure, if I put deadlocks on the cab they'll just go in elsewhere on the van. I work on the basis that if they really want to get in then they will, but I've not got anything significant worth stealing in the van if they do get in - passports are locked up in a fairly well hidden safe.

There's an alarm on the van as a visible deterrent and a clutch claw to stop it being driven away - or at least making it so they have to go to lots of effort first to remove it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back