Lone women? (1 Viewer)

Pennybanks

Free Member
Apr 18, 2010
Funster No
Hi. I'm new here and thinking of motorhoming full time. Are there any other ladies on their own who RV full time? If so, I'd appreciate any advice and comments. Thanks.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Penny and welcome :thumb:---- I am sure there are some around :thumb:Somebody will reply with the info soon
terry

Upvote 0

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi

There is a section on this forum which can only be accessed by women only mh'ers. I'm not sure where about it is cos Iv'e never been on it. :whatthe:

There are a lot of single women mh'ming though. We have met a few on our travels and their perfectley happy.

Jim

:thumb:

Edit. Try the forum for solo travellers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Or as my missus would say even happier:Doh:
Welcome to the fun site Penny:thumb:

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi. I'm new here and thinking of motorhoming full time. Are there any other ladies on their own who RV full time?.

Definitely. This has been asked before and always get the like of: "we keep bumping into XXXX and her dog". "She does it in a tiny van".

I don't know if the dog is important but I guess it could be a great comfort as a lone woman.

It's a nasty world out there but not THAT nasty, you can enjoy it if you just act sensibly and don't go looking for trouble. There are many tips in Jim's security guide to stack the odds in your favour. I think he says an Uzi is better than an AK47 for women. Similarly a Tazer is better than a cricket bat.

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Penny, we have met many singles with motorhomes and a few that fulltime, we met one last year in France just her and her dog on their way to Italy.:Smile: As said they have a singles section on here, but being a couple I think we are banned.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Maybe JJ can advise he is single and fulltime. ::bigsmile:
Oh and :welcome: To Motorhome Fun. Bob and Jane.:beer:

Upvote 0

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Maybe JJ can advise he is single and fulltime.

Thanks Bob/Jane!

I wouldn't take any advice from me!!!

There are several single ladies/women/girls who are members of MHF... their advice might be of more use...

My sister-in-law is now a single lady motorhomer but not on the site.

... I will try to answer any questions if I can...

JJ

Upvote 0

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi and welcome.

Have met with quite a lot of single ladies in all size motorhomes, right up to RV's and as Jim says most seem to have at least one dog with them. Quite a few seem to full time I have found when speaking to them. They all seem to enjoy their trips, and they say its just a matter of being careful.

Best of luck.

Dave :thumb:

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Penny, you aren't really any more vulnerable than anyone else travelling in a motorhome, but I agree that solo travellers, male and female feel a little more vulnerable. This is good, it keeps your awareness at a level that everyone should be in, just being aware is very often all you need to keep you very safe.

There are hundreds of solo full timing women, if that is what you want to do, get out there and give it a go. Like Brian suggested, you should read the Link Removed its packed with security tips and tricks for the motorhome traveller. The sales of this ebook help fund this great website:thumb:

Have Fun::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Floyd's Girl

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Bracknell, Berkshire
Funster No
Exp
Many years as a caravanner, 4 months in a mhome & loving it!
Although I now travel with Martin (Floyd1664), I used to caravan on my own all the time, and loved it! I fully intend to go away in the motorhome on my own if Martin's working over weekends.

The only suggestion I would make is to know as much as possible about your mhome, (but you don't need to know everything - just how to set up/pack away, common "fixes"), but also don't be scared about asking for help, but just use your common sense who you ask.

You'll probably find people are very interested in the fact you're on your own, (they were when I was caravanning on my own).

Do it and enjoy!!!!

Upvote 0
Apr 17, 2010
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
17yrs
single women

Hi there i have just joined this site this week and am looking to do a lot more of holidaying on my own. i work full time so it wont be full time MH yet. :Smile:

Upvote 0

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I've been motorhoming solo for the past 5 years and am spending more time away each year.

I love the freedom and being able to go where I want, spending whole days with my head in a book, walking the dogs or shopping with no-one to nag. :roflmto:

I don't take unnecessary risks ie wild camping or leaving the van unattended at motorway services in the dark, and have had only happy travels so far making lots of friends along the way.

As for full-timing - maybe, one day.

Just relax and enjoy!

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi there, I am lone woman but not full timer. Can fully recommend it as you can choose whether you want time alone to relax or to mix with others. Look forward to meeting you some day. Movan

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back