Stressfull? (1 Viewer)

Dawnbreak

Free Member
Aug 30, 2009
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Not as yet
Was just reading a posting on here and was wondering..."does anybody find motorhoming stressfull"?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO: also no :thumb: soon as I start the engine and go off the drive = stress less:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
The only stressful part is watching the fuel gauge indicator visibly dropping, so, I dont look.

Jim

:thumb:

manu54

Free Member
Jan 26, 2010
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
18 years
What makes you ask dawnbreak ? ? :whatthe:

BIG BIG NO :thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Was just reading a posting on here and was wondering..."does anybody find motorhoming stressfull"?

try driving a 36ft RV with trailer though a French village that any sane human would have avoided, knocking hanging baskets and street signs as you go .. :Eeek:

or going down a narrow street and finding a low bridge or right angle bend that no way can you go around or under ..

THAT"S STRESS .. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

spiritsfree

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
Sandy, Beds.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Been up "Cattle pass" near Applecross....and over the "Ben Lawers" pass which i thought at the time were a tad stressful...but compared to others here with larger motorhomes, I`d think they were a walk in the park :ROFLMAO: as the existing van is only 20ft. It`s a "mini", compared to the large RV`s::bigsmile:

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
stress

DEFFO NO CAN TWAIT TO GO AWAY IN MOTORHOME TAKES ALL MY STRESSES AWAY :Smile:

OP
OP
D

Dawnbreak

Free Member
Aug 30, 2009
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Not as yet
What makes you ask dawnbreak ? ? :whatthe:

BIG BIG NO :thumb:

"I'm sorry to be selling it, but after many years of caravanning and motorhoming, I have decided to start taking my holidays in a less strenuous fashion."

Was reading above part of posting for sale of motorhome from a gentleman on here....just got me wondering?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Been up "Cattle pass" near Applecross....and over the "Ben Lawers" pass which i thought at the time were a tad stressful..

Indeed.. been over it but not in an RV :Eeek:

but going over the High Atlas on snowy roads was lets say... great for constipation :roflmto:

Link Removed

Link Removed

motorvating

Free Member
Feb 28, 2010
Hinckley
Funster No
MH
RV E350 Diesel
Exp
1 year
try driving a 36ft RV with trailer though a French village that any sane human would have avoided, knocking hanging baskets and street signs as you go .. :Eeek:

or going down a narrow street and finding a low bridge or right angle bend that no way can you go around or under ..

THAT"S STRESS .. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

A small investment to purchas a Snooper Ventura will solve your stress problems.

rayncaz

Free Member
Apr 15, 2010
barrow in furness
Funster No
we are still learning but no its not stressful its FUN FUN FUN we love being out and about :thumb: Carol x

navman

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2003
As soon as I sit at the wheel I am in 'holiday mood' and have a big smile on my face. Even if I was just moving it to be cleaned when I was storing it at RAF Benson:Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Weird, sometimes I find it so stressful I am for selling and giving up on holidays all together.
However, I do have two kids of 13-12 whom like all kids think the world, your holidays and weekends away revolve around there enjoyment and nothing else.

Most of the time though, when we come back home and I have cleaned the van and got it ready again I cant wait to get off.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
HUGE stress reliever, I don't care if the road gets narrow (Wife does, but hey LHD/suiside seat) I don't care I put £111 of diesel in and that barely put half a tank in, slow pump got bored, I do however get depressed at coming home, not as bad as the Wife and dog! The dog gave it the I'm not well yesterday, couple of silly throwing up followed by lots of I need out, basically she didn't want to go home:ROFLMAO:

Wintonian

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
Brittany, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
"I'm sorry to be selling it, but after many years of caravanning and motorhoming, I have decided to start taking my holidays in a less strenuous fashion."

The man said STRENUOUS. That is not at all the same thing as STRESSFUL. Strenuous suggests physical effort, but stressful suggests worrying.

He simply wants holidays without effort. Jump on a plane. Taxi to hotel. Do nothing but relax and return home. (Volcanic ash permitting, of course!)

We used to do that. And then bought a Hymer! :sin:

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Why am I getting a motorhome ???? Because:-

I won't have to sit in a noisy, overcrowded airport waiting for delayed flights.

I won't be stranded in some remote airport while some volcanic ash disperses.

I won't have to book a taxi and worry that he'll not turn up

I won't have to sit, or more likely stand, on an overcrowded train ever again.

I won't have to sit on a bus going in ever decreasing circles to get from A to B

But best of all I won't have to endur the one thing which really stresses me out and that is travelling with people I don't know (and don't want to know) and their often revolting offspring :ROFLMAO:

How can motorhoming be more stressful than the above ?????

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Jump on a plane. Taxi to hotel. Do nothing but relax and return home. (Volcanic ash permitting, of course!)

We used to do that. And then bought a Hymer! :sin:

But these days you can't just jump on a plane can you, even if there's no volcanic ash in the air you still have the huge delays caused by the ever increasing security checks, the overcrowding, the 'normal' delays (Bad weather, technical, passengers on incomming getting ill and holding up turnaround, the list is endless)

As for 'taxi to hotel' well how many times have you been ripped off by these airport taxis, some people are too naive to realise it but the answer is almost everytime you arrive at a foreign airport.

GregM

Free Member
Nov 2, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
Exp
June 09
Weird, sometimes I find it so stressful I am for selling and giving up on holidays all together.
However, I do have two kids of 13-12 whom like all kids think the world, your holidays and weekends away revolve around there enjoyment and nothing else.

Most of the time though, when we come back home and I have cleaned the van and got it ready again I cant wait to get off.

Totally agree, the only thing that gets me stressed when away is the kids bickering.

I could go and sit behind the wheel now, and without even turning the ignition I feel relaxed, stress free.

In Wales a couple of weeks ago, knocked end off the awning, reversed into a wall and bent the ladders etc and not once did it stress me out. Tracey on the other hand was stressing about the minor damage LOL.:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back