Help Insurance (1 Viewer)

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
As i have ins for the M/Home also my car and built up max no claims we are about to purchase a second car i have been told by my ins comp that i have to go back no claims discount on this car is there any way round this

Thanks

Bill

OP
OP
B
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Guys thanks for your help Saga ins will mirror my max no claims diss that i have with the m/home to my new car

Bill

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
This no claims bonus is a scam as far as I'm concered. There is no statutory requirement regards no claims bonusus. It is an Insurance Company led scheme.

It all started off early doors, if you hadn't made a claim against your insurance company for a year you got a one year no claim bonus and so on over the yeras until you achieved full discount for no claims.

Now the Insurance Companies will allocate you the amount of no claims bonus that they want, whether you have never made a claim or not.

I spoke to one broker who told me that they, the Broker with the co-operation of the Insurer could allocate as much no claims bonus as they wished, whether you had made a claim or not.

The key words here are "No Claims". It is a system which is being abused wholesale. Why should a person be subject to zero no claims bonus when they havent ever made a claim.

Its bent.

Jim
:Smile:

roger buckley

Free Member
Apr 16, 2009
northants
Funster No
MH
hymer c class
Exp
since 2007
car insurance

I have not found a way of achieving duplication of a no claims discount from one vehicle to another , but have found that a number of companies will offer multi vehicle discount (Direct Line and Churchill I believe )
Hope this helps
Regards Roger

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back