• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Very Hi Spec Wildax PVC better than new (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks Anthea.
Yes, loving it. Brilliant conditions, sunshine and all for less than half total price of an alpine equivalent. I have got rather side tracked by cross country skiing though which i tried out of curiosity after 15 years of skiing downhill. SO peaceful and scenic on the trails. I have a feeling my future holidays might be in this directon now. Big collective sigh of relief fron my family as it's much safer!

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I’ve seen this van too, in Spain last month although I didn’t go through it, it looks a great well equipped van and Sue’s a lovely funster....(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Thanks for thinking of me. I chatted to Sue through the Wildax forum. Very nice van and we would love a 4 berth wildax but this is out of our price range.
Yes it' too expensive for a van that age..Busby.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I sold my Frankia, which had a lot of extras. The extras dont really increase the selling price of the van, they may make it more likely to sell than other vans for sale without them.
For this reason you may be best removuing any of the extras that are removable and ell them separately or keep them.

The following could possibly be removed depending on circumstances .

Tow bar and single electrics (13 pin)
LPG and CO/soporific alarms (plus backup own Battery powered alarm)
Quilted External Cab Screen Cover
Underslung 20 litre refillable LPG Tank
Memory foam insert to bed area
Upgraded Truma controls to digital management display
Replaced Truma mother board to optimise benefits of new controller
Second Leisure Battery
Isolation Switches to both Leisure Batteries 2015
Dometic Roof Air Con with remote control (Heat and Chill)
Fiamma turbo vent with thermostat in rear fan light
Fiamma 2 way extractor fan in toilet/shower room
SammiSolar Sat dish/solar panel upgraded to twin LMB transpoder
2.5kW inverter (Also wired to Dometic Air Con)
Tel Air Battery management system

OP
OP
Mother Ship

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
Some are some aren't ... whilst I have no wish to upset the poster a new one is around £50k (although I appreciate it may not have all the bells and whistles of this one) but after all this is now a 6 year old PVC so it would have to be very, very good for that money.
Actually it was first registered in October 2012 so it is not a 6 year old PVC yet, and actually was not used til the summer of 2013. It has always been kept in inside storage when not in use and it is in very very good condition. Everyone who sees it (even before it was for sale) always commented that it looked like a new van and could not believe the year built. Also as stated in the spec the batteries and tyres have been replaced. Before I advertised it for sale I researched what other PVC's of this age are selling for and ones with far greater mileage and far lesser spec and lesser build quality were around this price.

OP
OP
Mother Ship

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
I was still wondering
The plated weight is 3500 tons. I can't tell you the axle weights when it is fully loaded but I can tell you that it has been spot checked weighed on various occasions at Poole Ferry Terminal prior to boarding Condor ferry and has been within its 3500 tons, allowing us to get on the ferry. Obviously because we have been away in it for long period from home it was fully loaded. It is also the reason we use windblocker sides to the awning as we knew we could not carry heavy awning room, with other items that we prefer to carry i.e. 2 electric bikes.

OP
OP
Mother Ship

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
Buying a campervan/motorhome as we all know is a very subjective experience. We all appreciate and look for different layouts and builds. What suits one does not suit another and some people want lots of extra kit on vans and if not bought with it on go to great lengths in journey time and use of their own time to have extras fitted. I would not go to the lengths of expense and time to remove all the items that have made it such an enjoyable van for us and who knows there might be someone who might be looking to downsize a van they have with all the extras for one already set up. Any vehicle advertised at a price is open to offers.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
The plated weight is 3500 tons. I can't tell you the axle weights when it is fully loaded but I can tell you that it has been spot checked weighed on various occasions at Poole Ferry Terminal prior to boarding Condor ferry and has been within its 3500 tons, allowing us to get on the ferry. Obviously because we have been away in it for long period from home it was fully loaded. It is also the reason we use windblocker sides to the awning as we knew we could not carry heavy awning room, with other items that we prefer to carry i.e. 2 electric bikes.

I think you should get it weighed properly with axle weights., as you could still be over on one axle.
You have a minimum of 200kg of extras, then fuel of between 70 and 100KG plus water and gas of at least 50kg, 2 bikes 50kg and passenger of approx 70kg. Then there's all the usual stuff.

Is it on the Maxi chassis as it can be up plated to 4500kg?

OP
OP
Mother Ship

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
I think you should get it weighed properly with axle weights., as you could still be over on one axle.
You have a minimum of 200kg of extras, then fuel of between 70 and 100KG plus water and gas of at least 50kg, 2 bikes 50kg and passenger of approx 70kg. Then there's all the usual stuff.

Is it on the Maxi chassis as it can be up plated to 4500kg?
It is on a maxi chassis so a purchaser could up plate if they so desired.

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Having been the owner of a wild ax we were very disappointed with the payload.We brought it from wild ax extras solar panel sat dome tow bar we were told nothing about the payload so after returning from moroc I went to a local weighbridge empty of water only bits and pieces was told it weighed 3180k ,checked v5 max weight 3300k upgraded by Sv tech.so now 3500k with no gas water,wife clothing food.Loaded well over 3500k
90% of campers must be over the limit if this is the case in would invalidate your insurance Nothing was mentioned when we brought the van about payload.
Very expensive lesson learnt.
Rant over

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back