Seat Covers - Are all Ducato seats the same? (1 Viewer)

Aug 17, 2017
Funster No
MH
PVC - AT Tribute T-670
Exp
We have just acquired a 2018 Ducato (Autotrail Tribute T670 to be precise) and want to put seat covers on the cab seats. (Perhaps silly but one day we will sell it and the seat condition will be important). There are many advertisements purporting to be for the "Ducato" but does anyone know if the seats are all the same or do converters fit their own choice of seats? Basically, the question is if I buy seat covers sold as for a Ducato, are they likely to fit our vehicle's seats or should I contact Autotrail?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
The majority of coachbuilt and pvc motorhomes have the oem cab seats reupholstered to match. A class vans often have upgraded seats

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
We have just acquired a 2018 Ducato (Autotrail Tribute T670 to be precise) and want to put seat covers on the cab seats. (Perhaps silly but one day we will sell it and the seat condition will be important). There are many advertisements purporting to be for the "Ducato" but does anyone know if the seats are all the same or do converters fit their own choice of seats? Basically, the question is if I buy seat covers sold as for a Ducato, are they likely to fit our vehicle's seats or should I contact Autotrail?
I have had two sets of cab seat covers from ebay. As long as you get the ones to suit your van they fit like a glove.
I took the ones out my 2013 van and put them in my 2016 so they fit more than one model. New one for xmas.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I had reason to remove the existing cover on one of the Rapido seats. Guess what?, underneath is the standard Fiat seat and covering as seen on your average white van!.
It appears they just add the Swivel and matching covers for Motorhomes!.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Standard Fiat seat with a sponge cover over the standard headrest.
They cut the original seat to make the replacement cover a better fit - by pulling it into the seat frame by clips

DSC01991.JPG

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

But you will have paid all that money for a lovely new van and never see the front seats...Enjoy them,,don't save them for someone to enjoy after you sell it,,BUSBY:D:D

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I have had two sets of cab seat covers from ebay. As long as you get the ones to suit your van they fit like a glove.
I took the ones out my 2013 van and put them in my 2016 so they fit more than one model. New one for xmas.
What ones did you get, Boab? Been thinking about some.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
We had ours recovered in leather as the original seats were an awful colour and the rear bench seats were very thin, so extra foam (thingy) and covered in same matching leather and colour coordinate with Moho.

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
The fabric the converters use doesn't seem to be as tough as the stuff Fiat uses, judging by the secondhand vans I looked at. Mine were very faded from the sun after 8 years and starting to wear on the drivers seat after only 30k miles. A set of slip on covers from SB Car Seat Covers got them back to looking good again.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
The fabric the converters use doesn't seem to be as tough as the stuff Fiat uses, judging by the secondhand vans I looked at. Mine were very faded from the sun after 8 years and starting to wear on the drivers seat after only 30k miles. A set of slip on covers from SB Car Seat Covers got them back to looking good again.

My Autosleeper is 16 years old and front seats are like new..my previous Autosleeper was a 1996 and was the same,,,BUSBY,,

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
What ones did you get, Boab? Been thinking about some.
I had a fancy patterned set, good quality about £80 just like car fabrics. Lasted more than 2 years. Now i have a faux sheepskin look with arm rests to match.
Got them at xmas.........won't last to the fair. Armrests flat and worn looking, wee dug doesn't help. I think that set were about £60.

Our upholstery is very light and been covered since new. Have a full set of spare hab cushions but cab seats would get dirty, just by looking at them.

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
We bought Halfords HD van covers, mainly as the dogs sit in them as soon as we get out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back