Autosmart G101 multi purpose cleaner . (1 Viewer)

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Despite all the good advice from @Charlie and @FJmike on here , I had never got round to buying some G101 . Anyway a week or so ago I had the van exterior including the roof cleaned by a reliable outfit . The van was a bit more than grimy as we had done a fair old mileage in previous weeks . including on salted ,gritted roads.

As part of the process the guy used G101 for the stubborn mucky bits on the vehicle body ,using a well diluted mix . The results were excellent , all dirt vanished , even on the plastic off white locks on external lockers ,which I had over time unsuccessfully tried to clean .

After the clean , I went on ebay to get a 5 litre container of the stuff. Most of the prices were in the £30ish range , one or two over £40 . Some of the the actual products descriptions also seemed a bit "questionable". So I decided to contact the local rep for autosmart . Result being ,,,,,,,,, autosmart mobile shop lorry appears at my door. £20 inc of vat for 5 litres of genuine G101 . Also bought a couple of other bits and pieces ............. Going by the dilution rates of the stuff , the 5 litres will see me ok for years.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Reminds me of Actiwash. Can be diluted 100-1 it's really powerful stuff. I was rubbing it into the carpet once and it was starting to dissolve my skin :eek:. I bet it's got the same surfactant ingredients.
It's made for cleaning upholstery but cleans everything. It melts flies off the front of the van great.
They do mail order but if you can pick it up (made in Sutton-in-Ashfield) it's about £8 a gallon. (y)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Reminds me of Actiwash. Can be diluted 100-1 it's really powerful stuff. I was rubbing it into the carpet once and it was starting to dissolve my skin :eek:. I bet it's got the same surfactant ingredients.
It's made for cleaning upholstery but cleans everything. It melts flies off the front of the van great.
They do mail order but if you can pick it up (made in Sutton-in-Ashfield) it's about £8 a gallon. (y)

Actiwash is way to severe to use on motor homes IMO. It has a lot of solvents in it which can really catch the user out. Even pro users have caught out with it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Actiwash is way to severe to use on motor homes IMO. It has a lot of solvents in it which can really catch the user out. Even pro users have caught out with it.
Yeah it's pro use only really, we use it on AC filters that are absolutely filthy, the muck just turns into liquid and drains off(y). The only thing it doesn't agree with I've found is silver paint, it strips the shine off it and makes it grey.

Edit: I've got a 50:50 mix in a squirty bottle in the kitchen. Ann uses it for everything, loves it :ROFLMAO: she knows not to use it on anything silver painted mind.

Edit again: Gave my sisters some, now every few months I get pestered for some more, feel like a drug dealer :rofl:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back