Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
Hi Everyone
Needing some help please - does anyone know where I can find a list of all the Hymer models from 1990 to 2010? Is there something like a glasses guide for motorhomes?
Thanks
Shell

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
You can download the brochures quite easily from the Hymer website. Link Removed

I don't know if this has all the brochures you need but I got them from this website. Hope this helps.

J

PS
I downloaded brochures for models that I was interested in which was the early 1990s from here.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Shell181

Shell181

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
Thanks Jon, will have a look

Shell

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Shell181

Shell181

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
Have had a look and can't see that its got the info we need :cry: I need a list of the different models and layouts of the ones up to 3.5t because we are quite interested in buying a used one but don't know which is the best layout for us. So far I know there is a Hymer B694, B584 and B564 if anyone knows of any others.

Thanks
Shell

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Shell, the layout is probably the most important aspect of a purchase, you certainly can't choose the right layout from a brochure. You need to visit a show, such as the main one at Peterborough next weekend, where there will be literally thousands of motorhomes for you to sit in and see what layout is best. There will probably be hundreds of used Hymers too. There are shows throughout the summer all over the UK, but next weekend is the biggest by far.

If you have a specific layout in mind, then describe it. The Hymer experts here will be able to tell you what models to look for.

Best of luck with your search:thumb:

Upvote 0

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I'm afraid it's not quite so simple as you might expect. The Hymer website will give you the option to download some old catalogues and these will give pages of layouts. Also, the link below will take you to a page on Deepcar Motorhome's website showing several older layouts.

The issue of weight is more problematic. I presume your driving licence prevents you from choosing a motorhome with a Max Authorised Mass (MAM) in excess of 3,500 kg?
Many of the smaller Hymer's were offered with chassis upgrade options, and these are not always shown in the glossy brochures. Therefore, the MAM of an individual model may vary according to exact chassis specification. If the MAM is above 3,500 kg, it can always be down-plated (costs around £250 I believe) but up-rating from 3,500 to a higher figure will be dependent upon the limits of the chassis. Perhaps more important is to find out what the Mass in Running Order (MIRO) is for a particular motorhome that suits you. If for example, you like a van layout that is, or can be, plated at 3,500 kg MAM, but the MIRO is 3,200 kg, you will have only 300 kg of payload to play with and that is not really enough. This is a problem suffered by many motorhomes that are limited to 3,500 kg and it will almost certainly prevent you from choosing one of the bigger layouts. The B694 for example, is a long and quite heavy van - probably around 4 tonnes MAM.

Of the three models you have listed, the B564 / 584 were both available as 3.5 tonne versions, or as upgrades (with a different chassis) to 3.9 t. (this refers to models in the early 2000's). The B564 has a rear shower room, centre kitchen and dinette (or L-shaped settee as an alternative option). The B584 has a rear kitchen and shower room with a centre side settee and it is a "Bar version". This means there is one rear passenger travelling seat that is a captain's chair with a table in front of it. The B694 is also a "Bar version" that was available with two rear layouts: a fixed bed over a garage, or a rear u-shaped lounge.

Generally, you will find few of the newer Hymers with rear lounges, fixed beds over garages are more popular in Germany. Also, the earlier models seem to be lighter than the more recent ones. Any B-Klasse made since around 2000 and with a length over 6.5 metres will tend to struggle for payload if it is plated at 3.5 tonnes MAM. That is unless you travel very light and don't want too many extras fitted. In this respect, bear in mind that a wind-out awning will reduce your payload by around 30 kg; a tow bar about 25 kg; a satellite dish by between 10 and 15 kg. Also, you may not be able to travel with a full tank of fresh water. They will hold 120 litres, but in the lighter weight vans, Hymer assume within the stated MIRO that you will not carry more than 70 litres when travelling. There is a note in their catalogues that the full 120 litres may be used, provided there is sufficient payload; the difference being 50 kg.

Hope this helps and gives some food for thought.

Philip

>> Link Removed <<

Upvote 0

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Just had a look at the Hymer website and realised that you can only download catalogues from their archive if you use the German section of the site. (All catalogues are in German but still show layouts and details.

Go to this link:
http://www.hymer.ag/cms/DE/Service/Kataloge/Archiv.html

Then in the centre of the page there are drop-down options. Next to "Fahrzeugart" choose "Reisemobile"; then next to "Art der Suche" choose "Modelljahr" (I suggest you download a few, say 1995, 2000, 2005).
Then next to "Modell" you can select which range interests you. Be aware that not all model types are available for all years. In the early years, B-Klasse did not exist - they were all called Hymermobil, so you might need to select "Alle modell" and get everything.

Finally, some of the earlier catalogues contained weight data, whilst later ones did not - it was in the local market dealer's catalogues. Where you see "Gesamtgewicht" that is total allowed weight, or MAM. "Leergewicht" is literally "unloaded weight", but in this case I think it means MIRO since an allowance for driver etc is included.

Philip

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Shell181

Shell181

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
Thanks

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to say thankyou for all your replies, I have what I need now. We are going to buy a MH and have heard a lot of great things about the earlier Hymers and the layouts look good for us so I think this is the way we are going, just got to find the right model now lol. Thanks again, we appreciate all your help

Shell

Upvote 0

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Just had a look at the Hymer website and realised that you can only download catalogues from their archive if you use the German section of the site. (All catalogues are in German but still show layouts and details.

Go to this link:
http://www.hymer.ag/cms/DE/Service/Kataloge/Archiv.html

Then in the centre of the page there are drop-down options. Next to "Fahrzeugart" choose "Reisemobile"; then next to "Art der Suche" choose "Modelljahr" (I suggest you download a few, say 1995, 2000, 2005).
Then next to "Modell" you can select which range interests you. Be aware that not all model types are available for all years. In the early years, B-Klasse did not exist - they were all called Hymermobil, so you might need to select "Alle modell" and get everything.

Finally, some of the earlier catalogues contained weight data, whilst later ones did not - it was in the local market dealer's catalogues. Where you see "Gesamtgewicht" that is total allowed weight, or MAM. "Leergewicht" is literally "unloaded weight", but in this case I think it means MIRO since an allowance for driver etc is included.

Philip

Sorry I had forgotten I'd had to download the german brochures, well spotted Philip. Apologies Shell. Glad you got what you wanted in the end. :Blush:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back