Free Member
Apr 14, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
1 year
:Smile:Just thought I would introduce myself, I am Arty 50, My wife and I are enjoying our first motorhome which is a Wildax Aurora Panel Van Conversion on a Citroen Relay. We are having a great time at the moment and last year we drove down to Venice in it and came back through the Alps. This year we plan to drive down through France and possibly into Spain.

We love having the freedom of a motorhome and look forward to many years in it.

Unfortunately we live on the coast and salt does tend to take its toll on metal and the wheels are beginning to rust already. I am therefore looking to buy some alloy wheels does anyone know of any that are not prohibitively expensive.

Arty

wildbilly

Free Member
Jan 11, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
since 2009
Hi Arty

We have a WildAxe Constellation, one of their first conversions. We got it last November and have been away in it quite a few times already. We are hoping to go to Venice later this year, have booked a ferry already.
Cant help you with the alloys but someone on here will have an answer.

Bill:Smile:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hello Arty can't help with wheels but welcome to fun:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Arty, Alloy Wheels are very expensive, why not seal your steel wheels with a good polish, it might stop the rust spots. Enjoy your trip to France, the most Motorhome Friendly country in the world.

Meanwhile, welcome to the Fun, :thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Clean the wheels up seal them and get a decent set of wheel trims. Alloy wheels can be affected by salt also. :welcomefunster:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Cheers, RT, and welcome. I've heard of hearty laughter, and now we have our very own RT Funster! Super!!

Enjoy the crazy gang.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Unfortunately we live on the coast and salt does tend to take its toll on metal and the wheels are beginning to rust already.
Arty

Poor you , with your rusty wheels , living on the coast in Cornwall , Arty:winky:
Small price , id say ::bigsmile:
Cant help with your predicament but I'm sure someone will advise , sooner or later.
:welcome: to MHF
Bev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back