Rally Chat Chester Easter 2018 What's planned. (1 Viewer)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I am starting this thread to let all those booked on the Rally what we have planned, any questions please use this thread so not to confuse the Scheduled Rally thread with the names on it, any questions please ask.

We will be following roughly what we have done other years.

Arrival time will be approx 3.30pm on Thursday ,
Thursday evening we don't have anything organised as the Marshall's are busy parking

Friday Afternoon @Cal54 is doing a little get together in the marquee for all the new funsters solos and couples hosted by our solo group.

Friday evening we will have a meet and greet evening where you can meet old friends and our new members, we will be having our very popular quiz evening hosted by @Allan & Loren , it will be in teams of six people you can come together as a team of six and we will be putting teams together on the evening, every one is welcome to join in especially our new members it is a great way to meet your fellow funsters. Bring along your favourite tipple, and a chair and small table is good.

Easter Saturday night we are having a cheese and wine evening, bring along cheese biscuits etc put them on the Jacobs table and enjoy, we will be having Music/Karioke to help the night along with Dave @toledo being our DJ. We of course look forward to hearing some of our brilliant funster Karioke singers. And

Easter Sunday Morning we will have cake coffee and biscuit get together along with our annual Easter Cake & Easter Hat competitions for those who want to take part.
There will be Easter Eggs / Wine for the winners.

As well as the above in our own Fun Marquee there is of course the food festival itself with so much going on Top chefs giving cooking demonstrations all sorts of food drink and crafts to look around and a 10 minute walk from the Race Course the city of Chester waiting to be explored.

Any questions/queries please ask and we will do our best to answer.

Your Marshals are

@Carol Carol & Eddie @Allan & Loren @toledo Dave & Polly and @Cal54 Carol.

As I have put on the scheduled rallies thread we are having a £1 charge for each van this will cover the cost of the gas for the heaters and go towards prizes etc. any money left over will go towards Katie's charity.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
if there are any keen cyclists I am happy to lead a 40+ mile ride along some of Cheshires finest country lanes...
some hills but not to many and happy to pace anything between 12 and 19 mph depending on interest.
might even plan a route across two countries..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hmmm £1, starting to a feel a spot of deja vu, or should that be @irnbru

Sadly not last year the gas in the marquee took a lot of keeping up with and we feel people who make a effort with the cakes and Bonnetts deserve a prize for there efforts, I know you are only joking but just thought i would clarify .

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Will you be collecting the £1 when we arrive?

Yes as you book in with the rally Marshall so be handy if everyone has one ready.
Be good also if everyone remembers what number they are on the list so it makes it easier to check in. :)

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Don't forget anyone wanting to be in a team for this years quiz, please let me know the full team. (y)

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Now it's time to start getting serious, lol, if you are joining in the quiz could you please put your name down on his thread so we have a idea how many papers to print.

Ladies & Gents look forward to seeing the Easter Bonnets and cakes, let us know of your plans.

Any questions please ask.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
@Mickx and @Dave K please Carol...

Quiz for me please Carol. Some of the others will be along soon . We'll probably sort a couple of teams out between us .(y)

This year if you are wanting to make a team you will need to arrive together as a team. Because of the number of people taking part it's almost impossible to find people if you don't arrive together because of the sound in the marquee , but it does give funsters a great opportunity to get to know one another as they are put into teams as they arrive.
Hard to explain but if you were at the quiz last year you know what I mean :D

Aug 18, 2017
Antequera, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SP
Exp
5 years and still learning
Carol, put me down for the quiz, I'm sure one team will need someone to blame if they don't win :D2
Looking forward to my first "Fun" rally (y)

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Carol, put me down for the quiz, I'm sure one team will need someone to blame if they don't win :D2
Looking forward to my first "Fun" rally (y)

I'm sure you will enjoy it such a good way to meet other funsters, if you have any queries just ask, we have a lot of newbie funsters so you won't be on your own. Look forward to meeting you.

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
Quiz for me as well please

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Quiz for me please Carol ... no team but will join anybody if they short on numbers ... if not will go and sit in a local field and cry. ;)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You could charge £1 per person for a guided tour of your new Swift and be quids in (y)

Good thinking Bat Man. but would the floor take it ? Wife is on a diet as we speak. We are going out to buy a pair of pumps each tomorrow.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Quiz for us as well please (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun