Revolut card (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Just had an email from revolut to with an offer of a free card for all new customers applying before 11th march.
Good offer, can't remember what I paid, think may only have been £5, but still a saving. (y)

Sep 28, 2017
Audenshaw Manchester
Funster No
MH
Compass 180 Rambler
Exp
2017 Just started as Retirement looms in August
Not being a Money Matters man or ever watching Martin Lewis can somebody tell me the advantage of this card over a Lloysd debit or Visa in plain English

Thanks

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
The conversion rate is usually better, its also possible if you think the rate is likely to get worse to convert to € weeks before you need them.
JJ or minxy girl know a lot about them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
There is no conversion rate other that the actual when using clarity card ..dont need to load prepaid card so its a doddle .

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Not being a Money Matters man or ever watching Martin Lewis can somebody tell me the advantage of this card over a Lloysd debit or Visa in plain English
It's a pre loaded debit card that offers a very good fee free conversation rate to whatever currency. It also categories your spending making it easy to track.
If you use your Lloyd's debit card in say France you will pay a heafty conversion fee as I found out on the one purchase I made using mine last year.

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
You also get alerts every time it's used and transactions appear instantly.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Use credit card to purchase (we have Nationwide) definitely not debit card, no charges. We can use our debit card to withdraw cash from ATM at no charge as we have a Nationwide Flex Plus account. We always get the bank rate on the day.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
There is no conversion rate other that the actual when using clarity card ..dont need to load prepaid card so its a doddle .
Believe me you dont need a prepaid .card if you have the Halifax clarity card ,no charges and accepted everywhere in France .,I have lived here for six months now and have no need for anything else ..

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If you travel around and have access to the internet via a smart phone, then the Revolut Card and system is SUPERB for many, many, many, many reasons.

Check out ALL the things it offers you that are not available with other cards.

JJ :cool:

Jan 17, 2013
Whittington, Oswestry
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Bourton
Exp
Since 2000
Apart from the monthly fee for the Flex Plus account.

I find the monthly fee saves me money as the account includes:

UK & European Breakdown and Recovery Assistance for our cars, motorhome and motorcycles
Worldwide family travel insurance
Worldwide family mobile phone insurance

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Our main account is with Lloyds and their card is one I would never use abroad, terrible rates & charges. We use a NW credit card a Metro Bank dedit card & waiting for a Halifax Clarity credit card, only applied for the Clarity as if you applied before the end of Feb & make a foreign transaction before the end of March they give you £20 so for the 2 of us thats £40.

Also have a Revolut account, very useful you can preload it if rates are favourable, or just top it up with sterling just before you draw Euro's out of the ATM and get current rate. You can also transfer currency with it, I used the account to pay the balance on the new van saved around £400 on the best rate I could get anywhere else partly due to their good exchange rate & partly by buying Euro's a few weeks in advance when the rate was better.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
From the Revolut FAQ:

"Revolut is currently available for legal residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. This includes the following countries:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.

We are working on becoming available worldwide soon, so stay tuned"

Mar 27, 2016
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 408
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks just applied - need some back up alternative funds management solutions when we take our first trip in the van over the water this year. Thinking may get one each solving hopefully the atm limits issues we could have. Our bank and curr3nt credit cards are rediculously expensive to use.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Thanks just applied - need some back up alternative funds management solutions when we take our first trip in the van over the water this year. Thinking may get one each solving hopefully the atm limits issues we could have. Our bank and curr3nt credit cards are rediculously expensive to use.
As I posted earlier .you only really need the Halifax clarity card .accepted everywhere in France .no charges for using .you get the bank rate on the day .you don't need an account with Halifax to get one.just need to set up a direct debit and you home and away.Roy

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We’ve had Revolut since it started and find it very easy to use.
I like the way you can block/unblock your card from the app-on your phone, in fact there is a lot you can do with the app.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Also very useful for the 'Bank of Mum & Dad', transfers between card holders are virtually instant irrespective of where the card holders are.
Cheers
Ed

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Just had an email from revolut to with an offer of a free card for all new customers applying before 11th march.
Good offer, can't remember what I paid, think may only have been £5, but still a saving. (y)
Also very useful for the 'Bank of Mum & Dad', transfers between card holders are virtually instant irrespective of where the card holders are.
Cheers
Ed
agree completely. We've had caxton, fairfx and travelex over the years when the older two were travelling but Revolut is so much easier now that our youngest is travelling.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
As I posted earlier .you only really need the Halifax clarity card .accepted everywhere in France .no charges for using .you get the bank rate on the day .you don't need an account with Halifax to get one.just need to set up a direct debit and you home and away.Roy
Absolutely the finest card you can get for use in Europe, allways a better rate than anything local, and if paid off every month, NO COSTS, REPEAT NO COSTS.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
As I posted earlier .you only really need the Halifax clarity card

what happens if you lose it, gets stolen or cloned ?

Thief has access to your account.. no problem with the Revolut card as they can only access what it has been loaded with.

I keep my bank debit card in a safe place and only take the Revolut card when out shopping

there are many benefits which I only realised once I had mine.

First class card I wouldn't go abroad without

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Have a look at Monzo
We have a Monzo card as well. Currency is held in sterling so no option to buy Euros etc when the exchange rate is good. Works fine though and you can use it in the UK fee free as well. One son has one and it was replaced without charge when he lost it. That may have changed now though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back