Bielsa Tunnel - Spain to France (1 Viewer)

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
Hi,

We are staying in Peniscola at the moment but have been wondering about taking a different route back through to France than the usual Somport tunnel and last year the Vielha tunnel. Does anybody know what the road is like from Lleida? Should be glad of anybody else's experience.

Thanks.:thumb:

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We did that route Jan 2009 no problems,But found the roads on the French side a bit narrow,
Not much different from the Somport route though.Have a look round St Lary Soulan if you do go the Bielsa route.Nice aire as well.

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
hi neighbour

still there then!:thumb: Did you get to Barcelona?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Myfanwy

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
Tunnel

Hi Hogan:Smile:

Many thanks for coming back with your post. Are the roads REALLY narrow. I notice you have a Hymer (bigger than ours) so I shouldn't think we would have a problem, do you?

Thanks for the advice regarding the Aire you mentioned and have made a note of that for our first stop.

Myfanwy:thumb:

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Hogan:Smile:

Many thanks for coming back with your post. Are the roads REALLY narrow. I notice you have a Hymer (bigger than ours) so I shouldn't think we would have a problem, do you?

Thanks for the advice regarding the Aire you mentioned and have made a note of that for our first stop.

Myfanwy:thumb:

No problem with the narrow roads just a bit bendy thats all.Very scenic when in France at least is was when we went it was covered in snow.
Have a good trip
we will be following your route into France on May 1 st.:thumb:

OP
OP
Myfanwy

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
Bielsa Tunnel

Hi Hogan

We are at Camping Ferrer in Peniscola until end of the month. We shall be leaving possibly Sat/Sun 1st or 2nd May so we may see you en route! If we miss you we shall be at the Aire for a couple of nights (if possible). The van has my Avatar on the back!!:winky:

We came through the Vielha tunnel in November and it was a bit snowy to say the least but thankfully we made it apart from a stone hitting the windscreen when getting through into Spain.:Sad:

Myfanwy

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
We went through in Feb 07 in the RV, narrow in parts but no real bad bits, should easy in a hymer. ::bigsmile:

Olley

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Hogan

We are at Camping Ferrer in Peniscola until end of the month. We shall be leaving possibly Sat/Sun 1st or 2nd May so we may see you en route! If we miss you we shall be at the Aire for a couple of nights (if possible). The van has my Avatar on the back!!:winky:

We came through the Vielha tunnel in November and it was a bit snowy to say the least but thankfully we made it apart from a stone hitting the windscreen when getting through into Spain.:Sad:

Myfanwy

I will keep a look out for you,::bigsmile:

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
Bielsa Tunnel

Did post photos on the forum late last year. The route is very good with views to match. From Penniscola make for Tortosa -- stop and view--, Flix, just before is Asco where there is a good M/H Aire, Fraga and onto the A1234 to Monzon, this side of the river in my view is better. Take the A240 and then onto the A138 to the Bielsa tunnel. Once out of the tunnel take photos of the moutains etc. Our night stop in France is on the market square at Lannemzan, secure and interesting sometimes there is a fair there but shuts down at 20.00 hours. Next stop is Uzerche where the view of the town is magnificent also the Aire has free electricity, come off the A20 at Junction 45. This route is a cheaper route back to the UK, in our case via LeHavre.
Good luck, Ron W

Von

Free Member
Mar 1, 2008
Funster No
We went through in Feb 07 in the RV, narrow in parts but no real bad bits, should easy in a hymer. ::bigsmile:

Olley

Hi you have a link to a map of LPG stations in Spain.It says there are the POI for the Tom Tom that can be downloaded here,please can you point me to them. The POI in the download section all have a php extension that is not correct for my unit
We are retired and very new to motorhome travel and are off from Dover on the 28th of this month.The couple we were going with (to show us the ropes) may not be able to travel now so all help and advise from members welcome.Feel free to PM us
Thank you

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi you have a link to a map of LPG stations in Spain.It says there are the POI for the Tom Tom that can be downloaded here,please can you point me to them. The POI in the download section all have a php extension that is not correct for my unit
We are retired and very new to motorhome travel and are off from Dover on the 28th of this month.The couple we were going with (to show us the ropes) may not be able to travel now so all help and advise from members welcome.Feel free to PM us
Thank you
Cant find any poi but here is a link to a list
http://www.gas-tankstellen.de/menu.php?jump=land&mode=lpg&land=E&sort=please

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Poi's attached, open the zip file, and inside theirs, .ov2, .kml, .asc, .csv plus a .bmp for the icon. So you should be able to get one to work. ::bigsmile:

It is already in the download area, in the Autogas in Western Europe download, but I will add it now on its own.

Olley

Attachments

• Autogas spain.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 10

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread