Help...at Peterborough show ! (1 Viewer)

manu54

Free Member
Jan 26, 2010
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
18 years
Hi all
We will be paying on arrival on the Thursday morning till Monday,will we be able to camp with the in crowd (Fun) or will we have to go with the flow.
Anyones help appreciated. :Smile:

Phil

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
Unfortunately, the organisers only allow enough room for pre-booked members up to the 1st April. You are then put in general camping, but that doesn't mean you can't come over and enjoy the Funsters company, we usually have a gathering one morning so that we can meet others, we also usually congregate in the evenings, hopefully the weather is going to be kind to us this year as we do not have a marquee.

Nigel and Pamala

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi there Nigel and Pam,

I am planning on doing the same... is there any point in trying to "con" my way into the Funsters section or are we really, really, really full up?

JJ

I will bring free beer but won't be able to carry it from the "general" camping area! :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The staff at the shows are some of the biggest "Jobsworths" you will meet. They have lots of rules (mostly for good reasons) and boy, they sure do stick to them.

I was late booking a show last year, they would not let me park up with the funsters even though there was plenty of space:RollEyes:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Last year, Sunday morning before the show opened.. Riding a push bike along to get woman a paper

Woman with radio and an official look on her face held up her hand in the 'stop' stance

Excuse me sir, would you mind getting off the bike and walking it.

I looked at her..

I looked at the bike

Looked back at her.................................

Said no and rode off !! The look on her face as I left was worth a million !!!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The staff at the shows are some of the biggest "Jobsworths" you will meet. They have lots of rules (mostly for good reasons) and boy, they sure do stick to them.

:RollEyes:

Last year we came as day visitors and couldn't gain entry to the Fun enclosure.. even when Jim vouched for us they wouldn't let us in..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back