NE 183 Control panel problems (1 Viewer)

skybluemarky

Free Member
Jul 20, 2008
Funster No
Hi

Hope I'm posting this in the right section. We have a swift sundance 590rl and the control panel is acting strangely. The display went like black blocks and you couldn't make anything out. I took the panel off and replaced the battery and whilst doing that found the contrast knob and turned that around. That improved the display and you can make things out better but it still looks strange. Been quoted £270 for a replacement, I was wondering if anyone had similar or knew somewhere that repairs them. It is a NE183.
Thanks

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi skybluemarky

Welcome to MH Fun :welcomefunster:

Sorry can't help with problem but someone who can is bound to be along soon.

Best af luck.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I was wondering if anyone had similar or knew somewhere that repairs them.
Thanks

Maybe you can !

Can you see any identification on the display? It's certain to be an off the shelf one so if you can identify it there's a good chance you could swap it - does it look like it plugs in ?

If the panel functions correctly then it's probably the display or if you are very unlucky a bad voltage coming off the computer panel.

Where are you - it always helps if you edit your resume (my profile) and give us some clues.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi

Hope I'm posting this in the right section. We have a swift sundance 590rl and the control panel is acting strangely. The display went like black blocks and you couldn't make anything out. I took the panel off and replaced the battery and whilst doing that found the contrast knob and turned that around. That improved the display and you can make things out better but it still looks strange. Been quoted £270 for a replacement, I was wondering if anyone had similar or knew somewhere that repairs them. It is a NE183.
Thanks

Hi skybluemarky

This is quite a common problem.

If you remove the panel again and disconnect the 12v plugs and replace them after 30 seconds you will find that this will sort this out for you.

Any more probs you are more than welcome to call us.

Regards

JX Workshops

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back