Free Member
Feb 28, 2010
Hinckley
Funster No
MH
RV E350 Diesel
Exp
1 year
There is a layby off the A4 100 meters west of Silbury hill in wilt's that we wild camped in last weekend. Apart from road noise it was very quite.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi, were off too Wiltshire in a month or so and Silbury Hill is a must see for me, basically because its been a picture on my calender all year. :shout:

Are you actually allowed to climb up the hill ?

Jim

:Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Cheers Jim, Had look at your RV suitable Aires database yesterday. I seems as though you have been doing a bit of work on it since I last looked. It looks good.

Jim
NB: Good Morning :winky:

Good morning , and thanks..

Olley also helps and adds new sites, and now with 'street view' Google maps only get better and better.. also a great tool for plotting and keeping a record of your own sites and travels.. isn't the internet great ::bigsmile:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Go about half mile past round about, junction with A361 and A4 westwards, massive lay by right off the road no passing road noise, long walks over the downs and thats they train the horses,:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I was at Avebury a couple of weeks ago and although I did not stay the night, I spotted several spots on the bye-roads where it would be possible to pull off, without the noise of the A4

Geoff

OP
OP
motorvating

motorvating

Free Member
Feb 28, 2010
Hinckley
Funster No
MH
RV E350 Diesel
Exp
1 year
Hi, were off too Wiltshire in a month or so and Silbury Hill is a must see for me, basically because its been a picture on my calender all year. :shout:

Are you actually allowed to climb up the hill ?

Jim

If you are going to Avebury to see the sites take some good walking shoes and allow a whole day to see the sites. We were gob smacked at how many stone age monuments are within a few miles of Avebury Circle including Silbury Hill, much better then stone Henge. If you are a member of the natural trust, take your membership as the avebury circle museums are free to you.

when we wild camped in the silbury Hill layby, we parked as near to the hill as we could and was rewarded with a fantastic view of the hill.

It is also worth nipping into Marlborough for a look around as it has a lovely town centre.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back