sundancekid

Free Member
Mar 15, 2010
shropshire
Funster No
Exp
Just
Hi Everyone,

A quick question......has to be quick....decision time tomorrow (which means tonight!)

I have at first refusal a Compass Avantgarde 180, 2009 model but brand new otherwise.....it is essentially an Elddis 180 with a different name.

the question is, do i buy it?

Comments and views please...remember this is a family show! :thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi we have a 2006 elddis 130 if i remember 180 is rear lounge.

we are very happy with ours it may not be as fancy as some out there but its about half the price:ROFLMAO: as to should you buy it are you getting a good deal is it the right layout for you which im sure you know anyway.If it is id go for it there are loads of them about so must be ok lol.

Gerry

e20rod

Free Member
Mar 8, 2010
Inverurie
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just started!
We looked at the Eldiss version before settling on an Autoroller. Downsides for me were the small fresh and waste tanks, lack of storage accessible from the outside and the layout was wrong for us. Upside was the price, they look great value compared to some of the competition.

Cheers,

Rod.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Free Member
Oct 4, 2009
Tyne and Wear
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I had an Elddis Autoquest 120 for 3 years. No problems whatsoever. The 2.2 engine pulls well.

You say that it is `as new`, if that means it is second hand and you are buying from a dealer, there are a few things to bear in mind.

Have a good look at the warranty. You can download it from the Explorer Group website. Like most motorhomes, after the first year, there is not much covered. Check out what is not covered and get a written agreement with the dealer that gives you better cover.

Anything built from 2007 should be test driven and reversed up an incline.

I only parted with mine because I needed a bigger van. I used it a lot and got very attached to it.

Best of luck.::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

barneyted

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
sheffield
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
11 months
Hi Everyone,

A quick question......has to be quick....decision time tomorrow (which means tonight!)

I have at first refusal a Compass Avantgarde 180, 2009 model but brand new otherwise.....it is essentially an Elddis 180 with a different name.

the question is, do i buy it?

Comments and views please...remember this is a family show! :thumb:
hi have got compass avantgarde 140 and love the set up ie u shape lounge we find its just the right size for both of us with the over cab as stoage there is plenty of room we get 30 to the gallon we dont regret getting it down side is its got a small clean /waste water supply

pendy

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
3 yrs
Hi we have the 140 too and it's almost perfect, we are considering buying a larger van to carry our 2 grandsons with us on our adventures and have considered the 180, it's different strokes for different folks, buy what is most practical for you and enjoy it. Peter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back