Creative ideas for Gas BBQ? (1 Viewer)

Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
We bought our MH new from a local dealer here in France and got them to fit a Gaslow system, which we are really pleased with. Then to save the weight and bother of carrying a gas bottle just for a BBQ, we asked them to fit an external BBQ gas point. They said "NON!", claiming it would invalid the guarantee in case of water ingress.

We bought the MH partly on 12 year finance because then we just pay an additional €15 per month to increase the MH guarantee for the whole life of the finance (yes, a 12-year guarantee, amazing).

Anyone got any ideas of how we can connect the BBQ to the Gaslow without making a hole in bodywork? Thanks

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
I mounted my BBQ gas point on a bracket between the two bottles in the gas locker. Granted I have to open the locker to connect the BBQ, but the locker door hangs down nearly (and can be shut completely as I can route the BBQ pipe through the venting gap in the locker). I can't get to the MH just now to take a photo, but if required I could do it sometime next week.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SmithsInFrance
Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
Great thanks for the ideas folks, will just have to work out how to explain it in French...

@WSandME - it would be great if you could send a photo thanks, picture says a thousand words :)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You can have a quick connection fitted inside the gas locker

What a good idea. I did fit a Bullfinch through the wall and it was on the opposite side to the gas locker but if your gas locker is in a suitable place then inside has a lot going for it. No water ingress, no weathering of connector and you only plug it in for a short period anyway.

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
You could have it fitted to a bracket below the skirt, this how Autogas 2000 fitted one for me :Grin:

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
We bought our MH new from a local dealer here in France and got them to fit a Gaslow system, which we are really pleased with. Then to save the weight and bother of carrying a gas bottle just for a BBQ, we asked them to fit an external BBQ gas point. They said "NON!", claiming it would invalid the guarantee in case of water ingress.

We bought the MH partly on 12 year finance because then we just pay an additional €15 per month to increase the MH guarantee for the whole life of the finance (yes, a 12-year guarantee, amazing).

Anyone got any ideas of how we can connect the BBQ to the Gaslow without making a hole in bodywork? Thanks
Interesting. We were told by a Hymer dealer that, providing any holes in the bodywork for solar, fillers etc were done by an accredited installer, i.e. them, in their workshop, the warranty would be preserved. And, even if you had something done by someone else, then only ingress problems associated to that part of the work would fall outside warranty.

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
I feed a long hose through the mesh in the base of gas locker, quick release coupler on end for connection at BBQ. Fixes to a tee piece with valve in gas feed after regulator.

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
picture says a thousand words
BBQ1.jpg