Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Evening all,I'm after advice on where to get a kerbside mirror for my RV,I've tried the usual hgv outlets but they all want 35 quid upwards,If thats what I have to pay then so be it but I thought I'd ask around first.There's no problem fitting the thing as it will bolt straight through and the plate hidden in the lockers.
Any advice more than welcome please.:thumb:

Regards, John P.

OP
OP
johnpengers

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Thanks Jim much appreciated,I like the kerb mirror set up but will look at the other type too.
Thats two pints of orange now !!!! lol.

Regards, John P.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bashers

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
3! Been boating for years. Now just bought an RV
i must fit one of these. driving tight roads without a co-drivers is a nightmare without

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Like Scotjimland - I also have a fresnel lens to back up the kerbside mirror.

I have found the fresnel lens to be so good at showing me where I am and covering the blind spots - that I can actually angle my kerbside mirror forward more than it should be - so that I can almost see the kerbside front wing of the RV which is quite helpful when manouevering in tight spaces.

OP
OP
johnpengers

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Hi Dick,I'm certainly gonna order the kerbside mirror,Jims advice last night was spot on.There's one on e-bay that is about a foot long by 6inches wide,its about 30 quid with p/p.I think they fit them to the hgv daf,These others you are on about,do they fit over the existing mirrors or do you fit them on the bottom ?
By the way Dick,your pitch at Carvynick could do with a makeover lol,to be serious I think they are revamping both yours and next door pitch,
Once I've sorted my mirrors I'll let you all know.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
,These others you are on about,do they fit over the existing mirrors or do you fit them on the bottom ?

Hi John

the fresnel lens goes on the passenger side window..

they are popular on the back of camper vans and people carriers ..

It gives a good view of that deadly blind spot where cars can hide, just below the passenger window..

jim.. ( that's three pints now :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

OP
OP
johnpengers

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Gotcha Jim,Do you fancy lemonade instead ?
I'm just about to order my mirror so I'll look into the other sort as well.

Many thanks.

John P.:thumb:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
I picked mine up from a chap on (here) MHFun - he bought about a dozen or so in bulk and we got them for about £11 each - jolly good value - and when or if you want to move them, you just peel them off the window and stick them in the new location.

OP
OP
johnpengers

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Evening all,I just thought I'd give you all a giggle whilst eating your tea.I sent away for my kerbside mirror which promptly arrived all safely packaged so I took it into the kitchen to unpack,there I am all excited and got my mirror out of the box and promptly dropped it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Would you believe it it broke,My Mrs thought it was hillierious as I'm an ex goalkeeper but she soon did'nt see the funny side when I told her how much it cost.Anyway,I phoned A1 mirrors who were very good and although they could'nt supply me with just the glass knocked off the price of p&p on the new one.It arrived today and as you can imagine i wore my goalkeeping gloves just in case.:ROFLMAO:

Regagards,John P.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back