A newbie with an issue... (1 Viewer)

Jaxnjohn

Free Member
Feb 28, 2018
Funster No
We have a Swift Kontiki 2005 Motorhome that we enjoy spending a lot of time travelling about in. Just recently we’ve had issues with our water heater and purchased a brand new one. We then arranged an appointment for a so called mobile MCEA “engineer” Wayne Johnson in St Albans to come to site to install the new boiler. So my husband removed the old boiler and cleaned the area in preparation for the new one. Not only does he just not turn up, he told us that no mobile engineer is allowed to install a heater in a Motorhome....

IS THIS CORRECT...???

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Hello and welcome! :D

I can't answer your question I'm afraid but I'm sure someone will be able to. In the meantime I'd get the vehicle booked into a motorhome garage asap as I'm sure they will be busy this time of year - at least then you have a backstop position if you're unable to get it done at home.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have a Swift Kontiki 2005 Motorhome that we enjoy spending a lot of time travelling about in. Just recently we’ve had issues with our water heater and purchased a brand new one. We then arranged an appointment for a so called mobile MCEA “engineer” Wayne Johnson in St Albans to come to site to install the new boiler. So my husband removed the old boiler and cleaned the area in preparation for the new one. Not only does he just not turn up, he told us that no mobile engineer is allowed to install a heater in a Motorhome....

IS THIS CORRECT...???
If your husband could take the old one out, why can't he put the new one in, not being funny, just seems logical.
But I don't see the the need to name someone out of the blue in a first post.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
agree with chaser just put the new one in yourselves youll need some mastic for the flue seal other than that reverse of removal and he is talking rubbish there are no gas regs regarding motorhomes not used for hire

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Perhaps he misunderstood and thought you wanted a “heater” installed, which unless it is designed for motorhomes/caravans he would not do.

Try ringing him again and explain that it is the correct like for like replacement. Or as already said if you can take it out, you can put it back.

Further a first post naming and knocking someone is naughty.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back