Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Well its at Jacksonville port Florida,

Had a bad start! the company doing the road part of the shipping hired a numpty that drove the truck with a gearbox cooler pipe leaking.He didn't notice the lack of drive from the auto box but drove it untill it stopped cooking the gearbox.

The short of it is they refused all liability so i am 2K+ out of pocket for a rebuilt gearbox etc,then again what do you expect from a yank, ime here my truck is there not enough money involved to get lawyers involved and they played on that.The main shipper didn't want to get involved either

Anyway its at the port to be shipped on the 21st

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Sorry to hear of your bad news.

Good luck for the future and hope to hear better news soon.:Cool:

Who is doing the rebuild.Did it completely destroy the gearbox?

davidjones

Free Member
Nov 16, 2009
Stockport
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
3rd year 5ver
Well its at Jacksonville port Florida,

Had a bad start! the company doing the road part of the shipping hired a numpty that drove the truck with a gearbox cooler pipe leaking.He didn't notice the lack of drive from the auto box but drove it untill it stopped cooking the gearbox.

The short of it is they refused all liability so i am 2K+ out of pocket for a rebuilt gearbox etc,then again what do you expect from a yank, ime here my truck is there not enough money involved to get lawyers involved and they played on that.The main shipper didn't want to get involved either

Anyway its at the port to be shipped on the 21st

OUCH! Hope all goes well from now on!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back