Getting to Turkey (and every country in between) (1 Viewer)

Big Bird

Free Member
Jan 18, 2014
Carlisle
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 2012
We were hoping to set off for Istanbul in 2 weeks and travel through every country in between, until I delved deeper into insurance. Is there anyone who could point me in the right direction to get insurance to cover us for Albania, Moldova and dare I say Kosovo and Ukraine? I have found one insurance company that will issue green card for Bosnia, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia (at a silly price) but all the other countries are a 'no go'.
Thanks.

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Most insurance policies will or at least should give green card cover for Serbia as standard. When we used to drive down to Turkey, we'd go via Germany, Austria, Hungary, Serbia & Bulgaria. The only UK insurance company who would give us a seperate green card cover for Turkey was Saga, failing that you'd need to purchase 3rd party insurance at the border.

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Most insurance policies will or at least should give green card cover for Serbia as standard. When we used to drive down to Turkey, we'd go via Germany, Austria, Hungary, Serbia & Bulgaria. The only UK insurance company who would give us a seperate green card cover for Turkey was Saga, failing that you'd need to purchase 3rd party insurance at the border.

Pete
Scrap serbia run romania instead cost might be cheaper

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
For Istanbul we do Dover-Dunkirk-Luxembourg for fuel-Munich to see my semi tame professor-Austria-Slovenia-Zagreb-Serbia-Sofia-Istanbul. Just over 2000 miles from Liverpool and a good road all the way down nowadays. Try to hit the Serb border late at night otherwise its a pain. There will be miles of trucks parked up doing paperwork but just drive to the front of the queue and shout "Excuse me, am English". No worries driving down there now, especially via the above route. Do not be tempted to transit Romania, the roads are shocking.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
why would you want to go via Ukraine? nobody will insure you in a war zone

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
@webby1

Were you insured full comp for all the EU countries? or was it the mandatory 3rd party insurance only? Have you any info on the Ukraine as regard insurance, we were in Kiev last year but arrived and left by train, it certainly made us want to go back with a camper.

Kelso

Free Member
Sep 19, 2013
Whitchurch, Hants
Funster No
MH
McLouis
Exp
10 years
For Turkey you get a 3 month 3rd party only insurance at the border for €80.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back