Inconsiderate motorhomes :-( (2 Viewers)

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Travelling down to TravelWorld this morning to their show and on the M54 noticed a lot of spray coming from the Motorhome I was following,after putting my wipers on to clear and leaving greasy smears I realised that the pillock had got his grey waste tap open :mad: shame Jo wasn’t with me we could have taken a picture .All I remember was it was DX 07 and it was a Rapido.They should get fined ,it gives motorhoming a bad name.
Brian & Jo

OP
OP
Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Yea it is Annie we always have one in the Motorhome but I was in our little Aygo.
Brian & Jo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I have the Southbourne CC site just down the road from me, went past this Hymer parked on the main road outside the site and noticed he had pulled over a road gully to empty his tank!
They must have a service bay in the site as it’s a fair size and always busy.
Don’t know what the score is with emptying down road gullies, would have thought it was not allowed as once it comes from a sink or shower it should be sent down the sewer system..

OP
OP
Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Hi CC yes I would also think it is not allowed but maybe marginally better than emptying when doing 60mph on the motorway:mad: what is the matter with these people.
Brian & Jo

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Hi CC yes I would also think it is not allowed but maybe marginally better than emptying when doing 60mph on the motorway:mad: what is the matter with these people.
Brian & Jo

As with a lot of other things you always get inconsiderate idiots who eventually mess it up for everyone else...

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Local then DX is Shropshire to Chester.

Maybe just left home, with clean water in waste tank?

OP
OP
Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Local then DX is Shropshire to Chester.

Maybe just left home, with clean water in waste tank?
Then how do you explain the greasy smears on my windscreen,and even if it was clean water ,still not acceptable.
Brian & Jo

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I realised that the pillock had got his grey waste tap open

I'm surprised he had gotten on to a motorway before it had emptied itself and why was it still coming out when going, I presume, flat and straight? Could he be having a weeping problem with the valve he didn't know about? Do Rapidos have an issue with their grey drain?

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Then how do you explain the greasy smears on my windscreen,and even if it was clean water ,still not acceptable.
Brian & Jo
I agree it's not acceptable and would make me want to wash the whole vehicle. I'm just pointing out that they are close to home and it would seem strange tipping out waste there.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We were in Whitby and the auto trail next to us waved and went off , as soon as they moved we saw his puddle of grey waste that was running into the grass bank .
  • This is bad for two reasons , one it is mucky greasy soapy water with food debris in and therefore an attraction for mice and rats and
  • Secondly it will undoubtedly give MH a bad name so that the council will stop overnight parking,
Just take it home like any responsible person. Would they let all that gunk out on their own drive no.!
Oh yes and as it was so cold that niight it froze so left a patch where no one could park!
Rant over!!

OP
OP
Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
I'm surprised he had gotten on to a motorway before it had emptied itself and why was it still coming out when going, I presume, flat and straight? Could he be having a weeping problem with the valve he didn't know about? Do Rapidos have an issue with their grey drain?
Hi Alex it was definitely not a “weep”,what I think is more likely is that we had just passed a slip road which he may have pulled off at to find somewhere to empty and couldn’t so decided to empty whilst in transit cos it was coming out to fast for a “weep”,re-joined the M54 and that is where I caught up with him ,sorry Alex that explanation doesn’t cut it ,I think he was just an inconsiderate motorhomer.
Brian & Jo

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
It's not only some motorhomers that do this, i was following a National Express coach on the M3 the other day when it dumped it's grey waste in the middle lane at around 60 mph i wished i'd had a dash cam.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
How long does it take to drain a waste tank or how far would you travel from a standing start as some would drain while getting back in the cab.

adonisito

Free Member
Oct 8, 2016
bognor regis
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano 675G
Exp
10 years
I never understand while vans let the tank fill up practically to full before trying to dump. We see it all the time here in France, sometimes nearly 20 minutes on the drain. Extra weight is not desirable. I like my little bucket, empty every day, no fussing looking for a drive over.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
How long does it take to drain a waste tank or how far would you travel from a standing start as some would drain while getting back in the cab.
Depends on a lot of things. Size of tank to start with. Drains slower if all plugs are in.
Mine holds 60 litres & takes a minute or two even with a 40mm outlet,with all plugs in.

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Come on for goodness sake! Im sure there is not one on here that has an Halo? We all have done something that you class as not acceptable? Be honest...Go on I dare you? I have done the same thing when I have washed out our tanks on the yard. I have pulled on to the road and let it down a drain . What is the problem?

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Come on for goodness sake! Im sure there is not one on here that has an Halo? We all have done something that you class as not acceptable? Be honest...Go on I dare you? I have done the same thing when I have washed out our tanks on the yard. I have pulled on to the road and let it down a drain . What is the problem?

:angel: When it comes to waste tank emptying in appropriate places I have a halo.
It may slip Occasionally in other matters! :angel:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I used to fill up with fresh water prior to travel but always arrive on site empty. It was a mystery to me for a while. Then a Funster told me that had a similar issue and had sussed it as a syphoning effect. I've since found this is common and it has many mentions on the forums. https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/fresh-water-syphoning-off.28006/

I'm sure anyone following me thought the worst about the leaking 'fluid'

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
You must have left by the time we arrived just gone 1, I wondered if you would be there, pity we missed you.

martin
Is that Whitby you are on about?!

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
Well yes I’m in Shropshire and am guilty. I leave my tank open while at home in this weather as I don’t want it to freeze and so can’t open it. If I go out on the road any drips left in will come out. When on site I either close it or put a bucket under and empty that.
So sorry Brian if I’m ever in front of you, but my drips will have finished by the time I get to Oswestry.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Depends on a lot of things. Size of tank to start with. Drains slower if all plugs are in.
Mine holds 60 litres & takes a minute or two even with a 40mm outlet,with all plugs in.
I was just thinking if on a motorway they would have had to travel a reasonable distance from where they had stopped already for the waste to still be draining out.

OP
OP
Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
@Brian and Jo You must have left by the time we arrived just gone 1, I wondered if you would be there, pity we missed you.

Martin
Hi Martin yes we must have been very close,I think it was 1 when I left:rolleyes:
:LOL:
Brian & Jo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back