LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Started last week, flying into french windows again and again Now taken to going round the static trying the windows one by one. Tap, tap tapping driving us crazy. What the hell does it want?

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Last year we had a Bluefinch that hovered at the RV mirror while it was parked in the drive, probably preening its feathers

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We've got one of those, yesterday the knocks at the windows were so loud, the dog started barking, the whole house awake at 5am::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ocsid

Free Member
Dec 20, 2008
Funster No
I expect it's seeing a reflection of what it perceives as a competitor on its patch.
The creator seems not to have made birds mirror savvy ; he in his wisdom gave nearly all of that to our better halves!

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Sounds like my missus trying to patch herself up at the mirror :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
you miserable bugger Ken......open the window and let it in, its maybe cold and frightened. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
my stepdaughter, Marianne, had a similar incident this morning going to work....but on a bigger scale. :Eeek:

every morning she passes two ducks...a hen and a drake....in the same place as she drives to work.
this morning the drake flew up and 'tapped' on the windscreen.....at 60mph....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

then there was one !!!!

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
We had a chaffinch pecking our windscreen constantly when we were in Cornwall last year -Drove me absolutely bonkers.. We upped sticks and left in the end :Angry:

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
Just that time of year love is in the air anything percieved as competition gets it,including reflections:thumb:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
What does it want???

Bloody well shooting thats what :thumb:

Im a patient man but im afraid if it was knocking on my windows if would be knocking for very long :ROFLMAO:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Angry::Angry:and guess who's be stood behind YOU with her gun pointed straight where the sun don't shine!!!!!!:Angry:

:winky:

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We are not twitchers but love to watch the birds. We get a stunning variety here. What we can't understand with this loopy one is, when it finishes having a go at the french windows (front of van), it then flies round the back and has a go at the windows there. :Eeek:

BTW as far as I know it is illegal to kill a song bird in this country. :thumb:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
hi Ken and Steph, guess your parting line says it all

you can't have a rainbow without rain

I get frustrated cos the birds never come near my van and I carry a bird table round in it...... the rainbow bit is the amusement he gives you..... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: should I get my coat?:thumb:

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
hi Ken and Steph, guess your parting line says it all

you can't have a rainbow without rain

I get frustrated cos the birds never come near my van and I carry a bird table round in it...... the rainbow bit is the amusement he gives you..... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: should I get my coat?:thumb:

Hi, we have a feeding station right outside the french windows so we can sit and watch em. Some are real characters. Recently we have a pair of Nuthatches and some long tail tits visiting. Hoping they will nest near us. :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
BTW as far as I know it is illegal to kill a song bird in this country. :thumb:

its also illegal to kill a person but people still get murdered...:roflmto:

got to agree with the mating theory though....makes good sense.:thumb:

slightly off at a tangent but the folks who get up my nose are those visitors to the seaside who feed seagulls......then have a paddy when one swoops and grabs their ice cream or chips from their hand.
we used to have an annual cull, either eggs removed or birds shot, to control the gull population and this worked.....then the do-gooders stepped in, now we're overrun with sky rats again and the feeders encourage it.

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Have to admit we hate to see people feeding seagulls or pidgeons, known in these parts as flying s***e machines. :Eeek:

atakd

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since '99
If you want to stay on the right side of the law maybe you need one of these:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WMisySbyn4[/ame]