LPG Gas Adaptor (1 Viewer)

D4ZZ4

Free Member
Apr 7, 2010
Funster No
Hi, I have a refillable German lpg gas bottle that came with my motorhome and I need to get an adaptor for it to fill up at the petrol station, what I am looking for is a 20mm female left hand thread (I think because it's the same thread as the BP Light regulator) to uk bayonet adaptor. Does anyone know where I can find one?

Cheers

Dazza

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi, I have a refillable German lpg gas bottle that came with my motorhome and I need to get an adaptor for it to fill up at the petrol station, what I am looking for is a 20mm female left hand thread (I think because it's the same thread as the BP Light regulator) to uk bayonet adaptor. Does anyone know where I can find one?

Cheers

Dazza

Have you thought long and hard about the safety issues of this. I'm sure I've seen the odd message somewhere that these fillers, sold on ebay, are not entirely safe.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi ,
tryLink Removed site, they have a German bottle adapter which may be what you are after .. code 01-1674-2

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, in the ideal world you would be better going onto a filler pipe with an external filler.:Smile:
The normal size is 21.8 left hand thread as on the outlet on Butane and outlet Gaslow bottles.
The inlet on Gaslow refillable bottles are 3/4" unf thread.

You could try these they are cheaper than Gaslow:

Link Removed

Or these:

Link Removed

:Smile: Bob.

OP
OP
D

D4ZZ4

Free Member
Apr 7, 2010
Funster No
Correction

Hi

The size is not 20 mm its actualy 21.8 mm female left hand thread to bayonet that I need. On the bp regulator it also has the number 1,814 I think this is the thread? here is a picture of the part I need.

Cheers

Dazza

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 19

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
show us a picture of the threads on the german bottle , then we would know what you ACTUALLY need :Smile:

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
well , not living in the uk and never having seen the BP product you mention that doesn't help
is it the same as used to be used in europe years ago and is still used on calor propane bottles ?

would be interesting to see the picture of this german bottle anyway
btw , all bottles are refillable , question is , by whom?

OP
OP
D

D4ZZ4

Free Member
Apr 7, 2010
Funster No
well , not living in the uk and never having seen the BP product you mention that doesn't help
is it the same as used to be used in europe years ago and is still used on calor propane bottles ?

would be interesting to see the picture of this german bottle anyway
btw , all bottles are refillable , question is , by whom?

It's not the type used on calor bottles, heres a picture of the bp gaslite adaptor, it's the same fitting. I don't have a picture of my gas bottle yet but I can post 1 when I next go to my motorhome, it's a brown/grey kind of colour.

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 23

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
show us a picture of the threads on the german bottle , then we would know what you ACTUALLY need :Smile:

Hi, looking at the picture, I don't think the bottle will have any threads on it, looks like a clip on valve to me, I would say your bottle is not a refillable bottle.:Doh: Refillable bottles in Germany are the same as we have here on the Gaslow bottles, an inlet with a 80% cut off valve, and an outlet to the regulator or a pig tail to the regulator.:Smile: Does it say on the bottle refillable and any mention of 80% anywhere.:whatthe: Bob.

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
well ,as alice said , curiouser and curiouser

the gas out thread shown is a standard european / calor 4.5KG butane dumpy thread , try a regulator if you don't believe me
to the best of my knowledge it would be illegal to make a refillable bottle with a click on adaptor like this , why do you think this is a 'refillable ' bottle , what brand is it ? does the piece sticking out bottom left of the photo contain a thread ?

if you are correct and it does , I suggest it is to screw in an externally mounted filler that you screw to the motorhome !

photo of bottle maybe would help

hymerbeliever

Free Member
Mar 23, 2010
Funster No
Is this what you mean:

Link Removed

This is the same but with a POL connector for propane bottles:

Link Removed

OP
OP
D

D4ZZ4

Free Member
Apr 7, 2010
Funster No
Nope I'm not trying to fill a BP bottle or a calor bottle, its a German bottle with a 21.8mm male thread. So what I'm looking for is a 21.8mm female thread to uk bayonet...... I think the confusion derives from the picture of the BP adaptor I posted, this was just to show the thread type on the bottle. I know it's the same because I don't need any kind of adaptors when I use BP bottles, however I do need an adaptor to use calor bottles (I got 2 from Truma in Burton when I had my boiler replaced) I recently discovered that it's the same adaptor as is used for the older "Composafer" refillable bottles (see attached leaflet)

Cheers

Dazza

Attachments

• gas bottle pg 1.jpg
    gas bottle pg 1.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 27

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
It's not the type used on calor bottles, heres a picture of the bp gaslite adaptor, it's the same fitting. I don't have a picture of my gas bottle yet but I can post 1 when I next go to my motorhome, it's a brown/grey kind of colour.

Hi, I'm confused now,:Doh: the picture is a plastic refillable bottle, a bit easier to describe than a brown/ grey kind of colour with a sort of clip on valve.:Doh:

Why not just contact the people that make the bottle, and get one posted out. The bottles are made in the CZ. :whatthe: Bob.

Link Removed

OP
OP
D

D4ZZ4

Free Member
Apr 7, 2010
Funster No
Hi Bob, I have tried to contact the email address in the UK and in the CZ but no reply. Also the phone number for the UK no longer exists....

Cheers

Dazza

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, I see on the website
MTH Gas systems working in conjunction with this company

Well MTH are no longer, so maybe that's the same if they were connected, I thought they were involved with a company in Poland. :whatthe: There are a lot of people with the plastic MTH bottles, someone may be able to give advise if they have the same filler. :Smile: Bob.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, just done a search and found this:

If your bottle is the same you need one of these:

Link Removed

Then screw the filling adaptor into it. Bob.

Attachments

• t_dsc00074_200.jpg
    t_dsc00074_200.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 23
  • t_dsc00075_123.jpg
    t_dsc00075_123.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 30
  • t_mth_452.jpg
    t_mth_452.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
D

D4ZZ4

Free Member
Apr 7, 2010
Funster No
Hi Bob,

What kind of bayonet adaptor will I need to fit on to this adaptor, what is the diameter of the fitting?

Cheers

Dazza

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

I emailed gaslow with your questiion.. :

Can you advise, I have a German refillable bottle with a 21.8mm male thread.
I'm looking for an adapter, 21.8mm female thread to uk bayonet...

this is the reply

Dear James
The part you require is our product code: 01-4351 - Euro to UK Bayonet Adapter £22.02 + P&P

Regards - Jacquie
Gaslow International

0845 4000 600
0845 4000 700
www.gaslow.co.uk

OP
OP
D

D4ZZ4

Free Member
Apr 7, 2010
Funster No
Hi Jim,

I checked out the Euro to UK bayonet adaptor part 01-4351 and the information supplied by Gaslow is wrong, the fitting has the acme 1"3/4 fitting to UK bayonet not 21.8mm. Thanks for checking though.

Cheers

Dazza

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim,

I checked out the Euro to UK bayonet adaptor part 01-4351 and the information supplied by Gaslow is wrong, the fitting has the acme 1"3/4 fitting to UK bayonet not 21.8mm. Thanks for checking though.

Cheers

Dazza

Well, if Gaslow get it wrong what chance do we mortals have.. sorry for the misinformation, I will email back with your findings..

cheers

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Latest reply from Gaslow

Sorry Jim I miss understood your question, I think you may find it difficult to fill your German Cylinder in the UK. If possible could you email a picture of the fitting ?

Regards - Jacquie
Gaslow International

0845 4000 600
0845 4000 700
www.gaslow.co.uk

I'll bow out of this now, maybe you can call or email a picture as they suggest ...

Emigrant

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Funster No
Hi

The size is not 20 mm its actualy 21.8 mm female left hand thread to bayonet that I need. On the bp regulator it also has the number 1,814 I think this is the thread? here is a picture of the part I need.

Cheers

Dazza

The part shown in your photo used to be provided by MTH Autogas for refilling the "Composafer" 'plastic' bottles (manufactured by Kompozit-Praha in the Czech Republic) that MTHA used to sell. It is a long brass 'nut' with a female thread at each end. The appropriate autogas pump-nozzle adapter (bayonet-type for the UK) is screwed into one end of the nut and the nut/adapter assembly is then screwed on to the bottle.

The normal usage of Compusafer gas bottles is in the exchange-only market (eg. the "Calypso" butane bottle in France) and the nut's relative crudeness suggests it may have been custom-made to permit Compusafer bottles with a German-standard connector to be user-refilled with autogas.

The photos from bobandjane show a Composafer bottle (almost certainly sourced from MTHA) with - in the centre picture - what appear to be the 'nut' and an autogas UK-bayonet connector. However, the suggested Gaslow adapter is unsuitable as it is intended to take a UK POL-connection hose or regulator not an autogas pump-nozzle connector. Having said that, it might be possible to exploit the Gaslow adapter via a secondary adapter designed to permit exchange-only UK POL-connection propane bottles to be (illegally!) user-refilled with autogas.

I have an MTHA composite bottle, so I have the 'nut' you are looking for, but I've no idea where you could get one from. (MTHA no longer trades in the UK and I believe its original owner now lives abroad.) I also have an adapter to allow user-refilling of UK POL-connection propane bottles but I don't know if such adapters are still available nowadays.

I'd be tempted to contact UK companies selling refillable tanks/cylinders (eg. Link Removed) to see if they can help. Failing that, you may need to purchase a second-hand MTHA bottle just to obtain the 'nut'.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back