Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Hi All

I am not sure if people already know this, but NFU will only offer breakdown cover if your van is under 3.5t and less than 5.4metres long. I would think that rules out almost all motorhomes. Apparently, RAC provide their cover, and will only offer that level of cover. I have checked it with the call centre, and my local branch in Worcester, and received the same answer.

I have tried to find stand alone cover, Green Flag would be relatively cost effective, but limit their European cover to 90 days per year, so that is no good for me.

Renewal with Caravan Guard seems to be the best option at £429.00 Still seems pretty expensive for a 2008 van, but it is parked on a residential car park, so that may increase the premium, even though I live in rural Herefordshire.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We are with RAC and they have no limits on height weight or length, or that is what they told us:LOL: at one of the Warners shows last year.

Martin

poacher

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2008
Funster No
I currently insure with NFU and use RAC for breakdown cover .. being a member of C&CC they include larger vehicles through "Arrival".

Currently looking for breakdown / recovery for a larger motorhome - RAC Arrivals have a 90 day European limit (n)(n)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back