LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
just back from the charity farm get to gether.

Thank you so much to Graham, Jean and Millie for the use of the caravan awning :thumb: and the breakfast.

Also thanks to the scousers (pat and eddie) for teaching me how to drill bike locks when you have had a key disaster.

bad news is Ive only just got all the tar out of my van. :Sad:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
A belated happy easter to you and yours xxxxx glad you had a good weekend xxxx

new skills always come in handy xxxxxxxxxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
just back from the charity farm get to gether.

Thank you so much to Graham, Jean and Millie for the use of the caravan awning :thumb: and the breakfast.

Also thanks to the scousers (pat and eddie) for teaching me how to drill bike locks when you have had a key disaster.

bad news is Ive only just got all the tar out of my van. :Sad:
Suprised those two wernt riding your bikes while you were drilling:Doh:

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
Suprised those two wernt riding your bikes while you were drilling:Doh:

have you seen me and pat ,did ask hagers was it the right key!
a big thanks to graham ,jean,Millie,for providing a warm welcome and warm awning and feeding us all:thumb::thumb::thumb:
and for hagers for the entertainment (how many blokes does it take unlock a bike lock
1 with a key) di doesn't remember most of the weekend hic: kids had a laugh Olivia caught a fish (Bryan,pat) shes open for lessons

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
have you seen me and pat ,did ask hagers was it the right key!
a big thanks to graham ,jean,Millie,for providing a warm welcome and warm awning and feeding us all:thumb::thumb::thumb:
and for hagers for the entertainment (how many blokes does it take unlock a bike lock
1 with a key) di doesn't remember most of the weekend hic: kids had a laugh Olivia caught a fish (Bryan,pat) shes open for lessons

lol,,,

ok an explanation for Geo and others:Blush: I locked my bikes on and when came to get them off could not do so.. me (now known as hardy,) requested the help of DIY disaster movie Eddie (now known as Laurel). we then attempted for a good half hour to get the lock open, however although the key went in to the lock it would not turn. After several hammering attempts, bolt cutter attempts and pliers around the key to force it open, I thought I would ask the good looking one for enlightenment. She (nikki) said you might want to try the right keys for that Lock which are hanging up in the MH:Blush::Blush::Blush: I showed said correct keys to Laurel and we then inserted the keys and BINGO, nothing happened. due to our abuse of the lock the key would no longer work:Sad::Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush:

then as if by Magic along came a scouser,,, with a drill, after less than 5 mins it was done:whatthe:Patrick is well equiped I tell ya..:thumb::thumb:

Morale to this story is that anything you need first ask a women and if all else fails ask a scouser.
laurel and hardy are now entering the building trade:thumb:

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Charity Farm - Weekend Report

And what a great weekend it was too. We have just got back.
We all arrived on Friday, the awning went up (yes, the caravan awning is a much better seal than a Safari Room on a motorhome) and the portable gas heater was pumped up to full volume ready for the weekend's activities.
Friday evening led into Saturday morning as all eleven adults ate and drunk the evening away. The kids were all set up with their games machines in one of the motorhomes. A good night was had by all and friendships were strenghtened throughout.
Everyone was up at the crack of dawn - well 1030am to be about precise. Haganap decided a brunch would be in order and a grand feast was had by all.
Saturday evening was a repeat of Friday (we think). Bryan & Suzy did the Fish Shop run to fill our tummies. During the evening a discussion about the four fishing lakes right behind us took place. Although it was good idea to go fishing it was only Bryan and myself that committed to go - sometime, when we woke up. The others liked the idea, but not in the early hours of the day. Bryan decided the crack of dawn so when he got there at 7.30am I said Good Afternoon to him. Mind you, I might as well have stayed in bed due to the lack of bites we had. (Paul and Pat came round for a fishing session in the afternoon and we caught 3 fish between us, 2 for me and one for little Olivia. Never mind guys.):cry:
After a short while it was time to take a break and go help cook the breakfast for 18 hungry Funsters. John and Joyce, Funsters who had travelled down from Scotland joined us and were welcomed and introduced to everyone.
Blisters (Graham & Kay) arrived to stay overnight just before lunch. Sunday evening was a quieter affair where we were all scattered around the various motorhomes. The night still led into the morning though, just as it should be.
Monday morning and everyone is preparing to go home. Actually, no they're not. Haganap decided as the weather was good there was a brunch need again. Out with all the bits and another breakfast feast ended. During the afternnoon all except Road Runner and ourselves departed for home. We went out for a Carvery in the evening and flopped into bed around 11pm. We set off home on Tuesday morning to a very pleasant drive.
Thanks to everyone for making it such a great weekend. :thanks:

Attachments

• P4040084.JPG
    P4040084.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 34
  • P4030068.JPG
    P4030068.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 32
  • P4030070.JPG
    P4030070.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 30
  • P4040083.JPG
    P4040083.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 31
  • P4030077.JPG
    P4030077.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Big thanks to Suzy and Brains for suggesting the lets Meet Up Easter.

Thanks again Brains for sorting my laptop.:active::notworthy:

Thanks to all those who did BBQ's they were great Link Removed Link RemovedLink Removed

Thanks to Graham & Jean plus Millie for supplying the entertainment suite throughout the meet.

As for the scoucers well!!!! what can i say?? they had my awning down and bagged up before I could blink:winky: I am thinking they have obviously done it before :whistle: and for all the other advice given:winky: nudge nudge wink wink :secret::whistle:

Last edited:

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Couple of other photos that NEEDED to be included.
Thanks Jean for the breakie and one of Haganap taking his dog for a walk on Jean's Harley Davison.
Anyone who wants a relaxing holiday would do well to spend time on Charity Farm. It is in the countryside, quiet, mostly hardstanding, cleans toilets, showers, laundry, fast food snacks, washing up area and of course, really good fishing (if you can catch them of course)

Attachments

• P4040085.JPG
    P4040085.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 20
  • P4040086.JPG
    P4040086.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 17

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Sounds a brilliant weekend-where's Charity Farm ?::bigsmile:
BTW-I hear that new bike locks have been invented that preclude keys 'cos they get lost::bigsmile:I understand they are going to be called 'combination locks' since the modus operandi is to dial in a combination of numbers :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Wonder if they'll catch on ::bigsmile:

Mike.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
BTW-I hear that new bike locks have been invented that preclude keys 'cos they get lost::bigsmile:I understand they are going to be called 'combination locks' since the modus operandi is to dial in a combination of numbers :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Wonder if they'll catch on ::bigsmile:

Mike.

Would have thought that if you can't remember which keys fit, remembering a combination would be doubtful :RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp

Mike.

Would have thought that if you can't remember which keys fit, remembering a combination would be doubtful :RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb::thumb::smalllove::beerchug::moon2:

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008

Mike.
Charity Farm is here:
http://www.charityfarm.co.uk/

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Sorry to be the last to give my thanks to you all but never the less they are heartfelt. :Smile:

When we left the site on Monday we took our van straight to Morecambe Lodge and set it up for my daughter and her family who arrived Tuesday morning from Newquay. They are enjoying the peace and quiet of the RV on the beach front location whilst I have the grandchildren at home - great result all round but it has been a bit manic which explains my late response on this thread :RollEyes: Bryan has taken the boys Bowling which has given me time to look at the computer.

It was a great Easter meet and thanks to all of you for making it so! We were so lucky with the weather too.

Even the shock of having my hair set on fire didn't spoil the holiday, although if I see Jean near a BBQ again I will run :Eeek:

Looking forward to Peterborough and hope to see lots of you there, thanks again for your company it was great! :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back