walnut

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp
Bought a Meos LCD 20in TV/DVD that is 12-24v input.
The set is clearly a chinese made top order set.
The picture is good but the digital tuner seems very weak, we have been on a number of sites where the tv has failed to pick up any channels.
Had to set the satellite up to get it working.
Everyone else on the site seemed to be able to pickup terrestrial digital tv fine.

This TV is supposed to play divx files but I found out that it can't play files that have AC3 audio (most divx files) so it is useless for that function.
Searching the internet I read about a similar TV that had the same problem, there was a firmware upgrade available that included a codec to decode AC3.
I emailed the suppliers wedodigital to see if there was a firmware update but they said no no no.
The jury is still out.

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
If you find a firmware upgrade let me know! I have the 13.3" and am happy with it but the DIV-X is a bit iffy and I'd love a better codec.

No problems with DTV signal though...

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Looking at the moment re new tv for the m/h...crossed Meos off the list now...looking seriously at this one...Dave

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
Bought a Meos LCD 20in TV/DVD that is 12-24v input.
The set is clearly a chinese made top order set.
The picture is good but the digital tuner seems very weak, we have been on a number of sites where the tv has failed to pick up any channels.
Had to set the satellite up to get it working.
Everyone else on the site seemed to be able to pickup terrestrial digital tv fine.

This TV is supposed to play divx files but I found out that it can't play files that have AC3 audio (most divx files) so it is useless for that function.
Searching the internet I read about a similar TV that had the same problem, there was a firmware upgrade available that included a codec to decode AC3.
I emailed the suppliers wedodigital to see if there was a firmware update but they said no no no.
The jury is still out.

Had the same type of problem a couple of weeks ago,could only pick 11 channels out of a possible 100+,turned out to be a loose ariel connection tightened it up and presto loads of channels
oddjob

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: I have this 20 inch all singing all dancing Meos and I am VERY happy with it. I am able to pick up the Dgital Free channels here ins Spain PLUS the cable routed UK channels via Analogue. The signal ALSO depends on the Aerial being used. :thumb:

rav4girly

Free Member
Aug 26, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Moncayo
Exp
July 09
We have the 20 inch Meos too. Can get a quite a few freeview channels but reception is very hit and miss. I have put it down to the ariel on the van because its a great reception when we try it in the house. Not really sure what we're doing with our ariel. Its the type that looks like triangularish UFO. :RollEyes:

OP
OP
walnut

walnut

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp
Had a Samsung 21in TV before the Meos and reception was great, it a new van with a status aerial and amp.
See what I can pick up at the next site.
I'am also looking for a smaller lower powered set for when we are off-hookup.
Akura do a 15in that only uses 1.5amps, but I've read that the sound is poor quality.

OP
OP
walnut

walnut

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp
Looking at the moment re new tv for the m/h...crossed Meos off the list now...looking seriously at this one...Dave

Link Removed

Looks like a great set but I wonder about the AC3 audio codec.
I've read that a lot of TV that claim to play divx can't play ac3 files, Avtex for one.

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001

Link Removed

Hi Dave jm,

We have the 16 inch set, and are pleased with it.

Operates on 12 volt perfectly, as it should, viewing or dvd's. The only down side is the restricted viewing angle, not a problem in our set up, but could be if any of your viewing seats are over 45 degrees to the screen. But good value for the price.

Nomadic

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Looks like a great set but I wonder about the AC3 audio codec.
I've read that a lot of TV that claim to play divx can't play ac3 files, Avtex for one.

Friend of mine had an Avtex with same problem...he has just bought this one and throws everything into it...works a treat...Have ordered one myself this morning..should arrive tomorrow...Dave

OP
OP
walnut

walnut

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp
Friend of mine had an Avtex with same problem...he has just bought this one and throws everything into it...works a treat...Have ordered one myself this morning..should arrive tomorrow...Dave

What make is that Dave?

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
We have the Meos 15'' and it works great on Satellite but really struggles on the aerial, and we have the Status 530 amplified. Often we cannot get BBC1 and BBC2 and several others as well.
The viewing angle is very poor too. Ours is less than 45 degrees and the screen goes black. Not a problem with the TV, it's the way it is. Had we have known we would not have bought it.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Ive been watching this thread for a couple of days and tried to keep away from it.

We have a 20" Meos and its brilliant. Everything works exremely well and we have had no problems at all.

Jim

::bigsmile:

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Ordered this tv Link Removed 6th April and it arrived on the 7th...unpacked/setup in 5 minutes..ran it alongside my 42" Toshiba and apart from screen size the clarity and crispness of picture and sound are spot on.
Playback on dvd/mp3/divx was superb...will install it in m/h today...Would recommend this to anyone wanting a new tv..especially the price:thumb:...Dave

PS No i'm not on commision

OP
OP
walnut

walnut

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp
Just spent a week touring and thought I would give an update on how the Meos 20in performed.
The Meos picked up freeview on each site we stopped at and the picture is very good with a good viewing angle.
On one site a neighbour had the same TV.
He was very happy with the set but had the same problem as me with the divx films.
Another fault we both had was when you first switch the set on after 20sec it changes channel on its own, it's nothing major but strange.
The set is also affected by mobile phones, you can tell when your phone is about to ring because the TV picture starts to break up.
Overall verdict is the great picture quality makes up for the unusual faults and if your not bothered about divx playback it's a great set.

mcdc16

Free Member
Jun 22, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ordered this tv Link Removed 6th April and it arrived on the 7th...unpacked/setup in 5 minutes..ran it alongside my 42" Toshiba and apart from screen size the clarity and crispness of picture and sound are spot on.
Playback on dvd/mp3/divx was superb...will install it in m/h today...Would recommend this to anyone wanting a new tv..especially the price:thumb:...Dave

PS No i'm not on commision

Dave JM,
the link no longer works, could you please tell me the make and model of the TV you got from ebay, thanks

mcdc16

Free Member
Jun 22, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Dave JM,
the link no longer works, could you please tell me the make and model of the TV you got from ebay, thanks

Forgot to say, I was thinking of getting a Meos tv, but I want one that is really good at playing DivX and previous posts say it will not play them all. I think it only has a problem with the AC3 DivX files (normally between 1.1 and 1.6GB in size), which are becoming more common. Has anyone with a Meos tv had any problems with the smaller sized DivX files (normally between 700MB and 800MB), if these work OK, I will go for the Meos TV.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back