Comag digital camping satellite system CDS 309 (1 Viewer)

Locky

Free Member
May 28, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 months and loving it
Has anyone used the above. I have tried to set it up by just getting 'kein signal' displayed on screen.
The instructions i have are in German also. Can anyone help?

OP
OP
Locky

Locky

Free Member
May 28, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 months and loving it
Thanks for this but have just tried it and it would cost $43. I only paid £89 for the whole unit. I seem to have everything working but can't seem to find the satellite. It is probably more to do with me not having used satellites before rather than a lack of a manual.

Perhaps i will do a couple more laps of the garden with the dish and see if i can get a signal.

At least it will keep the neighbours amused.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for this but have just tried it and it would cost $43. I only paid £89 for the whole unit. I seem to have everything working but can't seem to find the satellite. It is probably more to do with me not having used satellites before rather than a lack of a manual.

Perhaps i will do a couple more laps of the garden with the dish and see if i can get a signal.

At least it will keep the neighbours amused.

are you using a sat finder...and i dont mean a compass....or is it trial and error ?

you could be looking at the wrong satellite as astra and hotbird are very close in the sky and if locked on hotbird it will show a strong signal but no picture/sound.
also...is the reciever set for astra or some other satellite ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Locky

Locky

Free Member
May 28, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 months and loving it
i have been using a sat finder which is making a lot of noise but the picture on the tv is not changing.

I believe it is set up for astra28.2e if that means anything. The guy in Maplins said that he had used his with out problems.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i have been using a sat finder which is making a lot of noise but the picture on the tv is not changing.

I believe it is set up for astra28.2e if that means anything. The guy in Maplins said that he had used his with out problems.

you may well be pointing at hotbird then..... try turning ever so slightly to the left...SLOWLY.
the sat finder will find any sat, and show a good strength, if the dish is pointing to it regardless of what sat you have set on your reciever.

astra should be the first sat from the east.

mine changed default sat from astra to hot bird of its own accord ????

got a red hot strength reading on the sat finder but no pic/sound.
reset the box to astra and it worked fine.

to this day i dont know why it reset itself though !!!!

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
we have a comag and set it up with no problems - currently using it at home in the back garden

If with the previous information given you have still not sorted it out, send me a pm with your phone number and I will ring you with instructions xxxxx will dig out the booklet tomorrow xxxxxxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back