Been fulltiming since Sept 2017 . (1 Viewer)

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
In our Bessie and have enjoyed every minute, ...:):).so have decided to carry on for the foreseeable future (house rented for the next few years) ..We were intially sold on a euramobile integra 850 advertised on mobile.de.which we intended to view on our way back home, But a french couple on the campsite we're we are camped at have decided to sell their motorhome along with everything else.Aready sold their tent annexe,motor bike trailer & a shed load of camping equipment leaving just this...
20180210_104005.jpg
20180210_103733.jpg
a levoyaguer series 11..2010 on a Mercedes chassis with 3 litre auto Immaculate inside and out.Really tempted, have a gentlemen's agreement on the price with 2 weeks grace.We really love the van but a little apprehensive with it being a private sale in a foreign country .Any thoughts advice would be most welcome.Regards Chris.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
youll have to come home to import it how will you insure it?see brewery daves thread re importing from france
probably easiest to get them to deliver to gb and pay their fares

OP
OP
kip

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Looks a beauty that does, depending on price, condition, service record, mileage etc.
Hi cazpaul it really is a stunner, has full service history 49000 klms ,owned it from new also has all the bells & whistles IE hydraulic levelling air assisted suspension ,satelite, built in generator,masarater toilet the list goes on.Wanted €65000 managed to negotiate down to €62.500.

OP
OP
kip

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
As with any such potential purchase - its crucial to establish that the van is their's to sell.
No reason to think it isn't theirs, have their names, home address etc they even have me a photo copy of the log book, but do take on board you point.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Hi cazpaul it really is a stunner, has full service history 49000 klms ,owned it from new also has all the bells & whistles IE hydraulic levelling air assisted suspension ,satelite, built in generator,masarater toilet the list goes on.Wanted €65000 managed to negotiate down to €62.500.

Sounds good, what the length and what is the GVW weight and payload? Long overhang on the rear?

OP
OP
kip

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Sounds good, what the length and what is the GVW weight and payload? Long overhang on the rear?
Length approx 8.76 m GVW 5000KG not sure of the payload but they had loads more gear than we would ever use lol..The biggest hurdle as mitzimad mentioned is the importing side.Will have a look at brewery Dave's post...

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Length approx 8.76 m GVW 5000KG not sure of the payload but they had loads more gear than we would ever use lol..The biggest hurdle as mitzimad mentioned is the importing side.Will have a look at brewery Dave's post...

With that length and 5000kg, all the accessories, built in Genny, extra batteries, solar etc, could be tight on payload. It can be uprated to 5300kg as a paper exercise which is what you would need. What is the quoted payload from le voyageur?
Maybe need a weigh bridge in full travelling mode.

Reactions: kip
OP
OP
kip

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
With that length and 5000kg, all the accessories, built in Genny, extra batteries, solar etc, could be tight on payload. It can be uprated to 5300kg as a paper exercise which is what you would need. What is the quoted payload from le voyageur?
Maybe need a weigh bridge in full travelling mode.
Thanks ,Will do some more research, but I'm pretty sure payload won't be much of an issue as we are fulltiming at the moment in our Bessie and have everything we need on board lol.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Looks and sounds a beautiful van, in the UK we can of course check the ownership out by gov web sites also check there not cloned I wonder if @yodeli knows if this one could be checked out with the French equivalent.
I'm sure it is all above board but you could see how a scam could be pulled there, your living your dream, so a few extra checks are worth preserving it.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
They are a nice van, looked at a few myself. The logbook is the Carte Gris, you need that, and they have to de-register it in France, the other must have is the CoC, without that you won’t be able to register it! As above mentioned, I have just imported from France and am half way through re registration in the U.K. right now. Mine was from a dealer so I know the paperwork was correct, de registered and the French equivalent of an HPI certificate too. Have a read of my thread and I’m happy to help if I know anything for you, will post a link......

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/importing-from-france.166032/

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Looks and sounds a beautiful van, in the UK we can of course check the ownership out by gov web sites also check there not cloned I wonder if @yodeli knows if this one could be checked out with the French equivalent.
I'm sure it is all above board but you could see how a scam could be pulled there, your living your dream, so a few extra checks are worth preserving it.

I can have a look on the governement website and see if they mention anything about it. Might take a little bit of time though as I'm going to have my son, DIL and.... Grand daughter for 3 days here.... Every minute will be used cuddling her:love::love::love::):)

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
@kip So you have seen the couple selling it? Any chance I could have the phone number of the campsite? I could then talk to the manager and see if they have come there more then once, or even if he has a copy of their carte grise. Could be worth a try ! Don't forget to mention me (@yodeli) to make sure I'll find your post/answer.
Amicalement
Frankie(y)

OP
OP
kip

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
They are a nice van, looked at a few myself. The logbook is the Carte Gris, you need that, and they have to de-register it in France, the other must have is the CoC, without that you won’t be able to register it! As above mentioned, I have just imported from France and am half way through re registration in the U.K. right now. Mine was from a dealer so I know the paperwork was correct, de registered and the French equivalent of an HPI certificate too. Have a read of my thread and I’m happy to help if I know anything for you, will post a link......

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/importing-from-france.166032/
Thanks Dave, have seen the CoC & have a photocopy of the logbook.I've spoke to the owners wife Monique at length who speaks better English than me lol & she explained all that needs to be done. Quite along drawn out affair but should be worth it in the long run.I think my.They seem pretty genuine and have said a small deposit will secure the sale.I guess my next step is finding out the French equivalent of an hpi. wish me luck lol.

OP
OP
kip

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
@kip So you have seen the couple selling it? Any chance I could have the phone number of the campsite? I could then talk to the manager and see if they have come there more then once, or even if he has a copy of their carte grise. Could be worth a try ! Don't forget to mention me (@yodeli) to make sure I'll find your post/answer.
Amicalement
Frankie(y)
Hi yodeli, thank you for that it's camping mar Azul,balerma.The English guy (tony )who bought he's motorbike trailer is following them back to their home address as we speak.(St cyprien) also putting him & the missus up for the night so I well speak too him. They are expected back onThursday.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
The first question I ever ask is "Why are you selling?" - looks a great van by the way, good luck(y)

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Hi yodeli, thank you for that it's camping mar Azul,balerma.The English guy (tony )who bought he's motorbike trailer is following them back to their home address as we speak.(St cyprien) also putting him & the missus up for the night so I well speak too him. They are expected back onThursday.

Oh heck ... Spanish then ! LOL I thought you were in France. Must have read too quickly! Had it be French there was no prob to speak to the manager.
At least I have an indication about the town . Saint Cyprien is down south by the sea.
I see what I can find anyway.

Edit : Is it 66 at the end of the plate?

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
The issue for me isn't the van, it's the matriculation.

If it's on French plates then do you not need to have to have a residential address in France, plus a French economic activity code (sort of like a social security/tax number) in order of register it into your name?

OP
OP
kip

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The first question I ever ask is "Why are you selling?" - looks a great van by the way, good luck(y)
I'm not that nosey but the wife is:D.....they Have 2 road trips planned America later this year then Australia next year to visit their Daughter & grandchildren.

OP
OP
kip

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

If it's on French plates then do you not need to have to have a residential address in France, plus a French economic activity code (sort of like a social security/tax number) in order of register it into your name?

Blimey??? hope not or the deals definitely off.

OP
OP
kip

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Oh heck ... Spanish then ! LOL I thought you were in France. Must have read too quickly! Had it be French there was no prob to speak to the manager.
At least I have an indication about the town . Saint Cyprien is down south by the sea.
I see what I can find anyway.

Edit : Is it 66 at the end of the plate?
Wee.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp

Calling @Munchie @spitfire @OldAgeTravellers @maison
Did you have to have a French address? Did you need any kind of number to register in France? I can't tell as I've always been French and having an address so never really paid attention to these sort of details!

Last edited:

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Blimey??? hope not or the deals definitely off.

Did you have to have a French address? Did you need any kind of number to register in France? I can't tell as I've always been French and having an address no never really paid attention to these sort of details!

Trust me if there was a way I could have retained a French registration I would have! But, you need an address and utility bills and French ID number ( or similar) to do it. I couldn’t even get the van insured by a French insurance company dealing with ex pats. The only option was a return to the U.K. and change to uk plates.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Did you have to have a French address? Did you need any kind of number to register in France? I can't tell as I've always been French and having an address so never really paid attention to these sort of details!
We had a French address available and used it to register a motorcycle when we exported it to France. We had to provide proof of address and that the bike had a Certificate of Conformity, but we have no French ID number.

That didn’t create a problem. The vehicle was registered without difficulty.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004

You need...
Proof of address
CT
V5
Certificate of conformity
Passport
Proof no tax to pay on vehicle from hotel d'impot
Bill of sale

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
You need...
Proof of address
CT
V5
Certificate of conformity
Passport
Proof no tax to pay on vehicle from hotel d'impot
Bill of sale
Yes, @Munchie i forgot that I had to prove there was no tax to pay. (My only Defence is that it was twelve years ago and my advancing age).:unsure:

OP
OP
kip

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Quick update,phoned AIB after reading Dave's post , gave them all they needed , no problem mr cridge we can do that for you. 1hr later, No sorry can only insure you once on English soil:mad:..Spoke to Mario the owner & he said he is happy to drive it to calais , but it will cost €1000.:eek::cry::(.Oh well.More phone calls to make...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back