Tom-tom lost satellites (1 Viewer)

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
On the 3rd April whilst in France my Tom-tom repeatedly lost its satellite signals, or at least that is what it reported but the next day every thing was back to a 100% connection.

Has anyone experienced this kind of problem before and particularly on the date above?

Doug...

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Not on that particular day,but mine is affected by very heavy rain/overcast weather.
Loses its signal from time to time in bad weather conditions.
Were the weather conditions poor when this happened?.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
On the 3rd April whilst in France my Tom-tom repeatedly lost its satellite signals, or at least that is what it reported but the next day every thing was back to a 100% connection.
Doug...

I wonder if the Yanks were testing a civilian denial of service in the area ?

Maybe a bit of sabre rattling against the cheeky EU who are setting up their own system ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motorvating

Free Member
Feb 28, 2010
Hinckley
Funster No
MH
RV E350 Diesel
Exp
1 year
I work in digital comm's, so have a little experiance of satallites, although it is not my field of experiance.

How many satallites does your sat nav need to track to function? I would imagine it is a least 4 and more the merrier.

If you lose all the satallites then yiou either have interference or a faulty GPS unit in your sat Nav.

Weather and atmospheric conditions can affect your GPS. It could be that you was in an area of strong interference from external equipment.

We once had a fault at a cell site, and that site kept losing its tracking the same time each day. The problem turned out to be a faulty thermostat in somebodies emersion heater.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
I know nothing of the tech side but for the last few times I have used my Tom Tom it has no signal at first then after a few minutes finds it.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back