Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Hi folks

Our MH has rear stabilisers that we would like to use when it gets really, really windy, the problem is that they don't reach the ground with the air suspension inflated :Doh:, being about 3" short:Sad:

We could carry some wooden board in the van but we'd rather have something a bit more aesthetic and lighter. Can anybody think of something similar to levelling ramps that would do the job?
:thanks:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Pyramid blocks
seen at Newark show
Geo

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi folks

Our MH has rear stabilisers that we would like to use when it gets really, really windy, the problem is that they don't reach the ground with the air suspension inflated :Doh:, being about 3" short:Sad:

We could carry some wooden board in the van but we'd rather have something a bit more aesthetic and lighter. Can anybody think of something similar to levelling ramps that would do the job?
:thanks:

Hope these work....................................Mel

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Mel :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
4 lengths of 4" X 2" wood about 9" long stand them on either side to make up the right height, wont break, cheap to buy, wont get stolen and not the end of the world if you loose them :winky:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Blocks

I use a couple of 4" wooden blocks. take up no space (I tie them to the bike rack) and so what if they don't look very nice when in use!!! If I am wild camping in Spain and have to "bug out" for some reason, I can drive away and the stablizers won't be scraping on the ground. Why pay out good money. Plenty of bits of wood around out there!:thumb:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Or just deflate your air suspension:winky:. If the corner steadies are 3" short with air suspension inflated it sounds to me like you may have it over-inflated. the corner steadies will have been selected to be appropriate with a normally loaded vehicle without air assistance, if they don't reach the ground by such a large margin then something is amiss.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Linda and Steph
Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Thanks for the ideas, I think I'll go for the cheaper wood option (time to talk to the master carpenter at work :winky: )

OP
OP
Linda and Steph
Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Or just deflate your air suspension:winky:. If the corner steadies are 3" short with air suspension inflated it sounds to me like you may have it over-inflated. the corner steadies will have been selected to be appropriate with a normally loaded vehicle without air assistance, if they don't reach the ground by such a large margin then something is amiss.

D.

Thanks Dave, I might get you look at it next service :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back