Dometic 6270 Fridge (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Just when I thought I`d got my fridge working it seems to have developed another fault.
With help from funsters advice I removed the fridge and cleaned the gas jet, re-assembled and all ok. However now when I turn it to gas, sometimes it will spark & flash then light other times it will not.
The fridge light was working on 12 volt when it wouldn`t spark and all connections were checked before re-fitting, so I don`t think it`s a loose connection.
Is there a component that could be failing ?
I did notice last weekend that the clicking & flashing was slower than usual last weekend but it did light then.
Yesterday nothing, but today it lit, just tried it again though and nothing !
TIA

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
You haven't disturbed the electrode and moved it out of position or cracked the insulator part of it when you were fiddling on with the burner have you ?

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
You haven't disturbed the electrode and moved it out of position or cracked the insulator part of it when you were fiddling on with the burner have you ?
I did disturb them to clean the jet, but put them back in the same position, dirt on them indicated their position.
I`ve removed the fridge again today (grrr) and checked all connections, ran a temp 12v supply to fridge and still nothing. No spark, no flash.
I`ll check the ceramic insulator but if thats ok I`m thinking of buying the igniter unit for about £70 unless anyone knows of anything else to check ?
Edit, just checked ceramic insulation and it looks ok. So new igniter it is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Update : I removed the fridge again and checked the Igniter, it had power to it but wasn`t sparking so thanks @Stealaway that was the problem.
Unit ordered from leisureshopdirect for £70 eek, prompt delivery, fitted Saturday and working (n)
The spark / click / flash is much more vigerous that I`ve known it before so it looks like it was on the way out for some time.
So if your spark is a little lazy, think about changing the igniter, it`s an expensive part at £70 but at least I now have confidence it will light on gas and an easy swop over once the fridge is out.
Thanks again

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back