Not Happy With MotorHome Fun .... had to buy a year planner! (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2017
Antequera, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SP
Exp
5 years and still learning
Grrr .... for the first time since I retired I have been forced to purchase a year planner!

My current calendar (which hangs on a nail) and sourced from the clearance bin in my local pound shop, just don't work for recording dates/times/cost/deposits paid, etc. for the rallies I've signed up for.

So, at great further expense (£1.99) I have purchased a year planner to mount above my desk on the wall. Fortunately, I already had just enough sticky tape to secure it to the wall, saving me the extra cost.

I wonder if there is any chance for a reduction of next years membership to offset these costs??

Yours in anticipation, Tibbo :D2

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Can’t see the point my self . We know where we’re going . And what we’re doing . Why puchase anything to put what your doing in ?
Each to they’re own .....

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Never used a Planner...............How can you plan anyway?

Do you know the future?, I don't

If I wake up in the morning....... I will have a present, I might then have a 'future'...........

Cheer up folks it might never happen............ but then it might......

..............night night

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Can’t see the point my self . We know where we’re going . And what we’re doing . Why puchase anything to put what your doing in ?
Each to they’re own .....
You obviously haven’t got to our age yet, where everything has to be planned round hospital, physio and doctors appointments. :)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
No thanks :rofl:
Any way I thought they were free cos of all the adverts in them ?

Actually there are very few adverts. And they were free to anyone who pre ordered one with just enough advertisers to cover the printing and posting. If you didn’t pre order they were still free but you needed to pay for postage. The one for sale in the link is for non subscribers.

Frankiej

Free Member
Aug 24, 2017
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
26 years
Actually there are very few adverts. And they were free to anyone who pre ordered one with just enough advertisers to cover the printing and posting. If you didn’t pre order they were still free but you needed to pay for postage. The one for sale in the link is for non subscribers.

@Jim
I just tried to purchase one on the link for p & p but it says they are sold out, am I too late?
:(

Dare_Devil_Dennis

Free Member
Apr 22, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

THAT'S why I ended up with two!

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I have tried three times now but still can not understand why it is Fun's fault that the OP has to buy a planner...

Please help me here...

JJ :cool:
I think that his life is now sooo full of exciting things to do and see and rallies to attend that he needs to make sure he is not double booking himself and to ensure all payments are made on time..:rolleyes:
Obviously not got a new "Fun yearbook"

Dare_Devil_Dennis

Free Member
Apr 22, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
How did that happen? My post ended up in the quote from Barclaybasher.

Dare_Devil_Dennis

Free Member
Apr 22, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I think that his life is now sooo full of exciting things to do and see and rallies to attend that he needs to make sure he is not double booking himself and to ensure all payments are made on time..:rolleyes:
Obviously not got a new "Fun yearbook"

I think he was joking.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Come on folks! It's just a tongue-in-cheek statement about how many meets he's going to. I'm sure he didn't expect these responses. :(

Wyn

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Well the thing I plan is my train journey to France so that's planning and my trip back 6/7 weeks later. So, once booked (planned), I set off sometime earlier and get there on time or earlier. I plan to tour somewhere in Europe and plan to get the train back. Other than that, no planning.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Come on folks! It's just a tongue-in-cheek statement about how many meets he's going to. I'm sure he didn't expect these responses. :(

Wyn

Exactly, light hearted and tongue in cheek, I'm sure Tibbo is now secretly hoping he doesn't meet some of the miserable buggers in this thread at a rally. :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tibbo
Aug 18, 2017
Antequera, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SP
Exp
5 years and still learning
Exactly, light hearted and tongue in cheek, I'm sure Tibbo is now secretly hoping he doesn't meet some of the miserable buggers in this thread at a rally.

* Sings .... Could have been the whiskey, might have been the gin, could have been the 3 or 4 six packs, I don't know --- but look at the mess I'm in"

It was meant as a bit of a joke, as a newbie motorhome owner, it is both an exciting and daunting prospect planning the year ahead.
For me planning ahead means I DO have a future to look forward to, especially after the tragic loss of my dear wife last year.
I don't have a supercomputer for a brain, so I need to write stuff down.
To those that think I'm inept for having to use a planner ...... :p;)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We love our wall planner!

Every year, when we roll it up and put it in the attic, we look back over a fun-filled year and smile.

This year's planner is well on the way to being filled with Fun meets, holidays and festivals. Bring it on! :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back