Japenease Camper Isuzu (1 Viewer)

G

Giles Briggs

Deleted User
Late one night i purchased off a Japanese auction site an awesome Isuzu Camper, some months later a not so awaome Camper arrived in Southampton....I am now having to refit a lot of it before it can be used. Never refitted a camper before so it will be fun I am sure.

I need a little help in where to get the white wall panels and the walnut ply from , does anyone know?

BFC3BEAC-AF24-4F01-964D-F984C0B28F1E.jpeg
Late one night i purchased off a Japanese auction site an awesome Isuzu Camper, some months later a not so awaome Camper arrived in Southampton....I am now having to refit a lot of it before it can be used. Never refitted a camper before so it will be fun I am sure.

I need a little help in where to get the white wall panels and the walnut ply from , does anyone know?

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005

Wallboards and pretty much anything else can be had from Magnums in Grimsby. They are a proper aladins cave of motorhome building materials.

OP
OP
G

Giles Briggs

Deleted User
Thanks Gromet, i just about need a bit of everything and a tone of effort,,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Thanks Gromet, i just about need a bit of everything and a tone of effort,,
Never be afraid to ask questions about anything; someone will have seen it before.......and be sure to keep us all posted on progress with lots of pictures of such a fascinating project. Cheers

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
you didn't buy one of the vehicles ruined by flooding did you? better to scrap it if you did, as there will be no end of problems

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
There is a forum on here for build your own or convert your own or something like that.... can someone point this Funster to that forum please... my internet keeps cutting off. Thank you

Happy Jim

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 13, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9095DF
Exp
Since June 2017
That’s a testament to not drinking and bidding :drinks:

Good effort Sir!

Jim

OP
OP
G

Giles Briggs

Deleted User
B2C9734D-C037-4618-BAC4-741042A83836.jpeg
Great but you might regret that I have a lot of questions on just about all of it, I want to get it somewhere close to useable for april but i might be dreaming, the good news is it only failed the MOT because it didn’t have a fog light !

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I think it looks really cute from the outside. Hope you get it sorted.

View attachment 211710 Great but you might regret that I have a lot of questions on just about all of it, I want to get it somewhere close to useable for april but i might be dreaming, the good news is it only failed the MOT because it didn’t have a fog light !
from

OP
OP
G

Giles Briggs

Deleted User
Guys i hate to confess I have done this before and worse

Attachments

• AB01F725-C2CD-4F58-9535-C70F9514A299.jpeg
    AB01F725-C2CD-4F58-9535-C70F9514A299.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 93

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
@Giles Briggs where are you based? would help if we knew so we could answer about nearest suppliers or second hand parts etc

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I once nearly bought a winebago sight unseen, but realised something was not quite right before paying. told the seller i was bringing cash.....what a piece of junk. would of made a good vehicle for somebody looking for a chicken shed

OP
OP
G

Giles Briggs

Deleted User
7CE59BA2-088D-4B58-8882-4C9ACFD2D2B6.jpeg

It wsn’t cheap and I think it will cost 4-5k to sort plus a lot of late nights, the good thing is it drives nice is 4x4 and has a 4.3d motor that uses very little fuel ,,here is a another pic
CFF42B10-3432-4BC4-BA92-FC55A75C6CE0.jpeg

OP
OP
G

Giles Briggs

Deleted User
Its pretty good on the outside and the mechanic but the inside is just old and tiered and broken, i have already ordered new foam and the ulpostery is being done, it will get new carpets, etc all the electrics were 110v so they had to go anyway. Its just the bits that are bust everywhere which is a pain..and faded plastic that needs dealing with

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
These are importers from Bristol. The same truck you have ...they actually bring in and I believe they can help with parts etc?
Broken Link Removed
UNIT 6 OLD SAW MILL, CUCKOO LANE, WINTERBOURNE DOWN, BRISTOL, GLOUCESTERSHIRE, BS36 1AG
Kev

OP
OP
G

Giles Briggs

Deleted User
Thanks Kev i have seen stuff and to be fair I should have just purchased from them in the first place but I have always purchased vehicles from all over the world blind and some work out and others don’t, the ones that don’t you just have to get one and fix. i have told myself its ok to spend cash on it as long as i get out and use with my family hence my rush to get it done ,,,,got a lot of questions about actually going away in it to

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Thanks Kev i have seen stuff and to be fair I should have just purchased from them in the first place but I have always purchased vehicles from all over the world blind and some work out and others don’t, the ones that don’t you just have to get one and fix. i have told myself its ok to spend cash on it as long as i get out and use with my family hence my rush to get it done ,,,,got a lot of questions about actually going away in it to
My hats off to you bud. A challenge it may be...but the rewards of completion make it all the more worth while.
All the best with it . It will be spot on when you complete it Im sure.
Kev

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Does it have the buzzer that goes off at 60mph ? I bought a bongo in Australia that had one , by the time I had driven it 150 miles home , I had just about lost the will to live :)

OP
OP
G

Giles Briggs

Deleted User
Glad you said that there is a (broken) switch that says “Buzz off” i wondered what it was I thought it might have been some sort of reversing thing,,,maybe i won’t bother fixing that

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
If you want proper lightweight furniture board, Morlands aren't too far from you (I guess).

The stuff they sell isn't the cheapest, but very good quality.

OP
OP
G

Giles Briggs

Deleted User
Thanks Wissel I did look at their stuff and I think its the nearest colour match i have seen, but it seems they only do packs of the white board and i only really need best part of one white board

Oh yes sorry yes you are spot on with 3c but not really with an alternator and you would have to becareful of temp etc

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks Wissel I did look at their stuff and I think its the nearest colour match i have seen, but it seems they only do packs of the white board and i only really need best part of one white board

Oh yes sorry yes you are spot on with 3c but not really with an alternator and you would have to becareful of temp etc

Might be worth giving them a call Giles. They can be pretty helpful :)

I did have a look at the batteries you mentioned and they do look impressive (hadn't heard of them before).

Might be worth also joining this sites sister site which is just self-builders:
https://www.diymotorhome.co.uk

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
View attachment 211710 Great but you might regret that I have a lot of questions on just about all of it, I want to get it somewhere close to useable for april but i might be dreaming, the good news is it only failed the MOT because it didn’t have a fog light !

Well, you have a positive start!

What do you need? A sleeping bag, a mattress of some sort, a camping stove, cold box, porta potti, and a water container. Short term sorted (y) The rest is luxury bits really when (excuse the pun) it is broken down into the basics

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Love the project , good luck and Happy and safe travels.
Look forward to seeing ongoing photos!(y)

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Awww love it :) i'm sure it will turn out awesome in the end.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back