LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
A cautionary tale of woe in the hope that others might be able to avoid something nasty that just happened to me...

Been home a couple days so as usual, emptied the cassette into our toilet at home and started to clean with the usual process.

My routine is after emptying, fill half full with cold water, slosh it around, empty it again.

Then added, as usual, a couple of capfuls of bio liquid. Usually I then add hot water, and leave it a day or so, empty it out, and put it back in the van.

Today though I added about a quarter of the hot water and decided to slosh it around before adding the rest.

What I hadn’t realised was that the combination of two caps of bio, hot water and sloshing it around causes the container to become pressurised....

So with the cassette in the bath, I lent over and opened the flap and got literally a faceful of hot foamy semi clean water....luckily I had my mouth shut at the time!

Although I’ve washed my face several times, I don’t think I’ll ever be clean again !

Barf! :envy:

You have been warned.

Swmbo naturally found the whole thing highly amusing until I told her I’d dried myself on her towel (which I didn’t but she doesn’t need to know :whistle:)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If you are going to do a job do it properly, like this:-

In our tugging days before cassettes had pressure release valves.:eek:
On the way back from France young daughter asked if she could use the loo (knowning it had been empied for final leg home) anyway I forgot she had used it and a couple of weeks later I found out the hard way she had done a No2.
I was cleaning the loo up opened the flap there was an almighty WHOOPH and I had a face covered in sh*t.:eek::eek::eek:

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I keep it simple, empty down lifted manhole cover, rinse from garage tap, add bio, put back in van.
I don't think wifey would let me put it in the bath :confused::confused::confused:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
"Swmbo naturally found the whole thing highly amusing until I told her I’d dried myself on her towel (which I didn’t but she doesn’t need to know :whistle:)"

So you haven't yet told her you used her toothbrush to get into the nooks and crannies of the blade area?

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Empty over fence into neighbours garden then outside tap to cleanse. No way am I allowed inside :LOL:

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
Another thing to remember...
If you've just climbed to the top of the Alps, park up at the Col de Grand St Bernard for a quick "comfort break" - BEWARE! The air pressure outside the cassette has dropped considerably, meaning the inside is effectively pressurised.
Ask me how I know :rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
If you've just climbed to the top of the Alps, park up at the Col de Grand St Bernard for a quick "comfort break" - BEWARE! The air pressure outside the cassette has dropped considerably, meaning the inside is effectively pressurised.

I’ve done that as well...............

Cheers

Trevor

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I keep it simple, empty down lifted manhole cover, rinse from garage tap, add bio, put back in van.
/QUOTE]

Same here, except we have a loo in the basement next to underground garage for emptying.

I have had similar.

When I was flying as co-pilot on an unpressurised Beech Queenair(Just 5 passenger seats and no galley) we used to take sandwiches and a flask of coffee. It was my job to serve.

One day at 10,000ft I opened the flask and coffee spewed everywhere; the kitchen must have filled at boiling point on the ground, but at that altitude with reduced pressure the boiling point is reduced, thus it boiled as soon as exposed to the ambient air.

We had to instruct the kitchen to fill at lower temperatures.

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back