Dec 20, 2017
lancashire
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki 649
Exp
since 2014
hi
Been searching for an electric hook up site, that will accept dogs, amenities for kids, And that will take twin axle motor homes. Any suggestions? I only need two nights there. I’m finding quite a few but it’s only my motorhome that’s the stumbling block. Thanks.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Try the site at Turksheim, we stayed at several last year but that was possibly the only one with a few large pitches. The Municipal site at Molsheim was good but difficult for large vans.

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Campsite Le Domaine de Champe, 14 rue des Champs-Navets
 88540 / Bussang 
France
Wonderful site in the Acsi book, great restaurant, indoor and outdoor swimming pools and scenery to die for

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Another for Turksheim we are 7.2 with 4.5 trailer and pitched no problem, it’s a great place to stop a lovely old town.

Aug 31, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Cernay ACSi 1879 not open until 1/4/18
Huge pitches not marked out, good access, no problems for large vans.
Site has storks nesting and wandering about. Swimming pool and play area for children.
And only €15 with acsi card.

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Sorry to interrupt this post but I’m interested in the sites in Alsace as we are thinking of heading that way in July/August. Can anyone tell me how I can save this thread for future reference please.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
in Strasbourg?

We thought Colmar was the nicer town of the two but we used the Marina aire there, not a campsite.

If you pop just a mile or so over the Rhine into Germany you've got Europa Park near Rust with its Wild West themed 'Tipi Dorf' motorhome parking area (size no object) and a ruddy great theme park to suit all ages. Not cheap, but good fun, if you like that sort of thing. :)

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Sorry to interrupt this post but I’m interested in the sites in Alsace as we are thinking of heading that way in July/August. Can anyone tell me how I can save this thread for future reference please.

scroll to top of thread your see watch this thread click on that and confirm

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
We stayed at Les 3 Chateaux in Eguisheim a few years back, and I recall site as okay, but probably 8 or 9 years ago. Location won’t have changed, though, and was good, right on the edge of the village. No idea about twin axles though.

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
We stayed at camping d'Ill in colmar in June last year. they can accommodate a vehicle of your size (ours is a tag Burstner). We found the site very busy (people were queing up at 12.00 waiting for the unavoidable lunch 2 hours to pass) and they were turned away without a booking. The site had a nice pool and you could fish on the river. Cycling was pretty good from the site and the town is lovely. I was not too happy with the site team as many of the pitches are on the side of the through roads that run from one end of the site to the other, It was like camping on the side of a motorway there were so many vehicles passing us during the day. There wasn't any room to put an awning out or to sit outside of the vehicle, other than in front or behind. There is a pretty good looking aire not 5 mins from the site and a little closer to the town. Water was only available from the dump station.

We also stayed at Riquewhir which we found to be a wonderful site, plenty of space, not too busy and near a lovely town. The site doesn't have a pool from memory.

Not quite Alsace but we also stayed in Strasbourg at the camping Indigo. the pitches were generally quite small but large enough. Nice pool amd quite good facilities. But like at colmar on this site you could only get water from the dump station

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
We stayed at Strasbourg in December for the christmas markets and found the site excellent. Toilets and showers spotless very well kept. 10 minutes slow stroll and you find the tram station for a 5 minute journey into the centre of Strasbourg. The cathedral is astounding and the city is certainly worth a day or so to walk around, take a boat trip around the island. As the big fella said "I (we) will be back"

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back