gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
Hi all ,, I know this has been done to death but I think I'm missing something.

Later this year we are thinking of replacing our motorhome and we like the look of a Hymer B Class SL B 634 SL Duo Mobil at Travel World it's priced at £128,000 which is above what we would like to spend.

Because we will be spending most of our time on the continent a left hand drive maybe better and everyone seems to say we could save upto 20% buying in Germany. So the last couple of days I've tried getting prices in Germany and I can not get a price much lower than Travel Worlds.

Could anyone help with a German dealer that maybe able to give us a good deal.

Thanks Paul

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Try Durrwang in Dortmund
They have English speaking Sales staff.

Bought our N&B from them. Got good service so far.

@Lenny HB rates Capriama in Belgium

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
EBFD50E7-93D1-4F6A-979A-1A865B059AAC.jpeg

Ask for Steven and say Alistair Flood recommended them

10% of any savings to the Yorkshire Air ambulance please

http://www.yorkshireairambulance.org.uk/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gradyp

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
Thanks ,, I'll give them a go now

Thanks Paul

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Campirama normally beat German prices and getting the van home is easier as they will drive the van to the power.
You should be able to get a price vastly lower than Travelworld. Are you looking at a van they have had in stock as could have been bought in at favourable exchange rate.

Are you looking for a stock van or factory order?

If you list the exact spec I can give you a fairly accurate idea of what it should cost you.

OP
OP
gradyp

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
Campirama normally beat German prices and getting the van home is easier as they will drive the van to the power.
You should be able to get a price vastly lower than Travelworld. Are you looking at a van they have had in stock as could have been bought in at favourable exchange rate.

If you list the exact spec I can give you a fairly accurate idea of what it should cost you.
I'm looking for stock van , we have no special needs which we can not get fitted in this country e.g. sat dish , tow bar, etc.
Been on Durrwang site and they are quoting 113,000 euros + VAT which takes it upto Travel Worlds prices , so may as well buy from them

Thanks Paul

OP
OP
gradyp

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp

Just been on Campirama site and it saying 119,000 euros , but not sure if that is with local VAT added , I know you take off there VAT and pay VAT in this country

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I'm looking for stock van , we have no special needs which we can not get fitted in this country e.g. sat dish , tow bar, etc.
Been on Durrwang site and they are quoting 113,000 euros + VAT which takes it upto Travel Worlds prices , so may as well buy from them

Thanks Paul

Don't just look at web sites. You need to phone and speak directly to the German/Belgian dealers. You'll find that they speak English and are willing to negotiate.

OP
OP
gradyp

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
Don't just look at web sites. You need to phone and speak directly to the German/Belgian dealers. You'll find that they speak English and are willing to negotiate.
Thanks for that I'll give a couple a call this coming week. Does anyone know if they are willing to part ex an English van or if I'm better off trying to sell in this country

Thanks

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
You have no chance of part exing a right hand drive to any of the Belgium, dutch, german dealers etc.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User

Thanks Paul

Screen price is different from selling price. It’s best to contact them and ask for their best price

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Jumping in here, Please forgive me, but hopefully my question is relevant to the OP and the rest of us.
When is the best time of year to buy on the continent?, I suppose that they must have new reg seasons like here in the UK. Typical example would be to buy a 2017 built van now before the new 2018 stock arrives in the spring. I guess it would also depend on how many "Old Stock" each dealer has and wants to get rid of to clear his forecourt for the new 2018 vans.
If this is the case on the continent then maybe that would be the best way to get somewhere near the 20% discount off the ticket price that we hear about.
Good luck in your negotiations, our next van (if we get one) will be selected from the Dusseldorf show I guess.
Many Thanks
Les

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Thanks for that I'll give a couple a call this coming week. Does anyone know if they are willing to part ex an English van or if I'm better off trying to sell in this country

Thanks
Doubt if they will take a LHD in exchange, slight possibility with Campirama if it is a Hymer but I doubt it. One of the reasons we buy LHD so much easier to sell anywhere.

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Just been on Campirama site and it saying 119,000 euros , but not sure if that is with local VAT added , I know you take off there VAT and pay VAT in this country
That is list price with 21% VAT, I would expect to pay from Campirama and including UK VAT between £87,600 to £89,660 @1.135 €/GPB plus about £ 500 to cover import costs. That is the basic spec so you would probably need to add £5-£10k to that for extras but still £30k cheaper than Travelworld.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
@TinaL , We went to Campirama in August, and they had the van we wanted in stock, Euro 6, 2017 build. We negotiated extras on it with them, then went to order it from them at the Dusseldorf show in order to get an additional Hymer discount of 5,000 Euros.
We built it all into a three week holiday, traded in our LHD van with them, and drove home in the new one. :D Heart-in-mouth at one stage, when I couldn't get my internet banking to work :sick:, but all-in-all a good experience.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Jumping in here, Please forgive me, but hopefully my question is relevant to the OP and the rest of us.
When is the best time of year to buy on the continent?, I suppose that they must have new reg seasons like here in the UK. Typical example would be to buy a 2017 built van now before the new 2018 stock arrives in the spring. I guess it would also depend on how many "Old Stock" each dealer has and wants to get rid of to clear his forecourt for the new 2018 vans.
If this is the case on the continent then maybe that would be the best way to get somewhere near the 20% discount off the ticket price that we hear about.
Good luck in your negotiations, our next van (if we get one) will be selected from the Dusseldorf show I guess.
Many Thanks
Les
For a factory order normally best at Caravan Salon which is the last week of August, orders taken will be delivered Feb to March by the time you have got it on the road perfect for a new reg.
If looking for a stock model September on when they want to clear stock for next years models.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We haven't bought abroad so can't offer any advice about doing so but we did buy a LHD for the reasons others have said.

Apart from that I would advise you to read the reviews section here for info on Travelworld before you make your decision.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I am now seeing great examples of why we are mugs to buy continental premium vans here in The UK.
We have made that mistake on our first new MH, but lesson learnt now its Dusseldorf next time.
Thanks to Lenny HB & Bellabee for some great tips and experiences.
Les

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Yes, but it's a problem if you've already got a RHD to switch to a European dealer - we weren't able to use our RHD in part-exchange there.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Yes, but it's a problem if you've already got a RHD to switch to a European dealer - we weren't able to use our RHD in part-exchange there.
Yes that will be a problem, so will have to sell our RHD here in the UK first, using a dealer as a broker, or sell privately. Something I guess I wont be looking forward to doing, as the timing may well be difficult and we could be stranded without a van wasting valuable good weather months.:eek::eek::eek:
Les

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Our first Hymer was a RHD bought from Campirama so we had to sell privately, Campirama said if you have a problem selling don't worry we will hold your new van for you for a few months.
When we had the RHD one up for sale Travelworld phoned and said your van is just the tyre of quality van we would like on our forecourt, when I asked what sort of price they came back with " we see your van on our forecourt the low 30's we can offer you mid 20's for it". Robbing :swear2: I sold it privately for £36k.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Lenny

I gave your post a laugh - but that was a laugh at TW and their bloody cheek.

I agree with you about private sales/purchases. With the sort of figures you quoted there is room for a private buyer and seller to both be better off, incl. buying an after-market warranty(if the buyer wants to).

I am sure that when I bought my N+B Arto 69GL(2003) in 2009 for £27,600 with 16,500 miles on the clock that was certainly true - and both of us were happy. I never had anything wrong that a warranty, dealer or other, would have covered.

Geoff

OP
OP
gradyp

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
Thanks to everyone who answered above for all your help

I think I've got a cunning plan

We are thinking of going over to the show in Germany later this year , see what the deals are , possibly order van , come home sell mine and then pick up new van early next year

Well as Baldrick would say that's my cunning plan

Cheers Paul

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
It'd be a good idea to make contact with some dealers before you go, tell them what you want, then you can arrange to meet them at the show, and play them off against each other.

Nov 30, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B594PL
Exp
Since 2010
We bought a new hymer at Campirama after selling our rhd hymer on ebay. We found that as well as saving on the base vehicle, any extras we wanted were also much cheaper.

We also found out that many of the so called extras that travelworld quoted us for, were in fact, standard and included in the base price.
Rose

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Thanks to everyone who answered above for all your help

I think I've got a cunning plan

We are thinking of going over to the show in Germany later this year , see what the deals are , possibly order van , come home sell mine and then pick up new van early next year

Well as Baldrick would say that's my cunning plan

Cheers Paul
Be aware that if you speak to one dealer at the show the others will give you a wide birth, they don't tread on each others toes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back