burnt out my solar controller (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
On my lunch brake i decided to change the air filter oil filter and oil tomorrow
I have Ben particularly careful with my solar wiring making sure i disconnect them in the correct sequence solar first the battery revers for reassembly put the filter in reconnected the solar.
Put the spare back in went in to the van for a brew Just before i shut the bonnet i notes the lights were not on the solar controller notes one of the wire's had come of the solar controller refitted it bugger nothing so looks like a burnt out controller
Looking to modify the stem and put a controller inside the hab unit so i can see amp and power any recommendations
bill

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I have one of these

Plus one of these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LCD-Remo...841810&hash=item2380824dff:g:DwcAAOSwPWRZQ8-J

DSC01351.JPG

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I think I'm correct in saying you connect the battery first so the solar controller has a reference voltage....so it knows its a 12v battery rather than 24v.
Connecting the panel first then the battery will have no adverse effect on the controller....it just won't know what battery its connected too to begin charging.
You haven't cooked your controller bill, but you will probably have blown a fuse if that stray wire earthed without you realising it.

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back