Where to get cab mats for a LHD A Class? (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Despite the eye watering price our Carthago C-Line didn't come with fitted carpet in the cab.
We have been using odd mats which are sort of OK but I've been meaning to source some proper quality fitted mats.
I know I can get our dealer to order some from Carthago at silly prices but would prefer to save a few quid if possible. It's a LHD A Class so not a standard cab.
Rather than take a chance with buying tat on ebay can anyone recommend a reliable source please?

Richard.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
I know it's not your area but there's a chap on Leek market who,if you take him a template will cut the carpet to shape and bind the raw edges.Maybe there's someone in your area who does the same,or try what I'd call a 'proper' carpet shop.

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Talk to local carpet shops and or fitters.

You can choose your material, get them to make a template, cut material and whip the edges.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I'd get some thickish paper and make a template then get a carpet fitter to make them up (whipping the edges).

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Why not make one, get some gel backed carpet cut to shape, unscrew a few bits of plastic and fit in place.

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
image.jpg

Not sure I’d bother, this is 10,000km (approx), 7 months, brushed out a few times, but then with fine dust, mud etc I’d rather brush and scrub than have to deal with carpet or even rubber mats for that matter

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I did have carpet in mine and got fed up with it moving, so binned it out and just have the original fiat flooring as Alistair33 does.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
The original fitted carpets in our Carthago include the cab.

I removed the cab carpet because of various reasons. Mainly because it impeded access to the underseat lockers - the swing down doors wouldn't swing down fully meaning getting the jack box out was impossible. Removal of the one-piece carpet was difficult (understatement) !!! Similarly, access to the battery box involved removing the carpet.

Finally, the standard cab floor allows climbing aboard with muddy shoes, if needs be. Suggest you follow Lenny's idea if you must have carpet.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Having problems with your steering wheel @Lenny HB ?
????

I did have carpet in mine and got fed up with it moving, so binned it out and just have the original fiat flooring as Alistair33 does.
Thats why you need to remove the trim and trap it under it like I did.

Is it not a standard chrome ring?
Seen it on a few fiat leather steering wheels.
Or do I need stronger glasses.:rolleyes:
Standaed Fiat leather steering wheel, did come as standard with the Comfomatic box on Hymers, now you have to pay extra for it.

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
????

Thats why you need to remove the trim and trap it under it like I did.

Standaed Fiat leather steering wheel, did come as standard with the Comfomatic box on Hymers, now you have to pay extra for it.
Bottom right about 4 o’clock looks like an inch gap between the leather and the plastic?

Jul 4, 2016
sidcup
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic c line 5.0
Exp
a few years
For our Carthago C-Line we have a rubber matt that goes across the whole of the cab area. In winter we have cheap carpets that were made using the original carpets as a template, which are every where else other than the cab. In summer we remove the carpet and have a small carpet in from of the door and that's it. Seems to work well.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We bought a lhd genuine Fiat one piece rubber mat off EBay, having looked up the part number off the Ducato website.
Fits a treat
Then we used this as a template to cut a further dirt buster carpet mat to fit over it.

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We bought a lhd genuine Fiat one piece rubber mat off EBay, having looked up the part number off the Ducato website.
Fits a treat
Then we used this as a template to cut a further dirt buster carpet mat to fit over it.
How did you find a part number please @Robert Clark ?
Been on the Fiat site and to find anything is like wading through treacle. It seems that only traders can get into the section with any technical details in.

Richard.

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Are the cab mats for an A Class the same as a standard coach built type cab?
If so I can just buy some standard LHD mats.
I appreciate that the dash and most of the cab is the same but what about the floor?

Richard.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Are the cab mats for an A Class the same as a standard coach built type cab?
If so I can just buy some standard LHD mats.
I appreciate that the dash and most of the cab is the same but what about the floor?

Richard.
Thats what I bought, for my Carthago and my N&B, just the standard Ducato mat. Fits a treat

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Go onto Ebay.DE or Ebay.NL and ask any supplier for LHD carpet/mat and if they delivery to the UK !! Most do and in my experience usually cheaper than UK suppliers, depending on cost there may be some import tax but I have only every paid that once !!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I'm in the 'no rubber mats, no carpets camp' .. the cab is easy to sweep out and wipe over .. give it an occasion wash and polish with ArmorAll

no carpets in the back either ..

The original Hymer fitted carpets for the cab and habitation were rolled up in the garage when I bought it.. never used, now stored in the loft

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I use these in heavy traffic areas. My most recent van is keeping the originals in bed & bathroom areas but these are going in the living and cab area. They're available in a number of colours, arrive clean and like new, are comfortable under bare feet, and absorb dirt and water. They vacuum off well but can also be machine washed. I've used them in the last two vans I've owned & have just bought enough for the latest.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Non-slip...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back