Rally Sunshine rally (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Can we ask what the sunshine rally is please? Being relatively new to this sort of stuff sorry.

Carolyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Can we ask what the sunshine rally is please? Being relatively new to this sort of stuff sorry.

Carolyn
Rather than a protracted explanation, just Google, Sunshine Festival, Upton. Status Quo are the headliners. Brilliant last year and we're going again this year all being well

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Festival yes,rally no:( @Wombles posted this the other day.

1. Despite months of trying to get a reply from the Sunshine & Mello festival organisers (as they are on track to sell out for both festivals this time) they don't need us for numbers this year so we won't have a Fun & RVOC meet at either of these in 2018 :( We had some fantastic feedback from last years Sunshine Meet both from members & from the organisers & we were promised a lot for this year but sadly the organisers have changed their plans.
    We are still trying to get them to honour their promise (we have this in writing) of family tickets for both Mello & Sunshine which were for a fundraising auction for RVOC member Cassie to help fund her pioneering treatment in Russia for MS.
    For anyone who is considering going to Sunshine suggest buying your tickets soon as the price goes up after midnight on 31st January.
    We aren't giving up on the idea of festivals & events combined with motorhoming & are pleased that Lymington Seafood Festival & Stratford River Festival Rallies have had such a good response & are going ahead :hi5: We have been in contact with quite a few major festivals & may be volunteering as Stewards at some this year so will try to convince them that they should encourage more motorhomers!

Last edited: Saturday at 6:14 PM

Last edited:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
@Wombles will be past soon as I think we're still awaiting the organisers to get back to them but we arranged with them last year but AFAIK, I think it's individual bookings and looks to me, ÂŁ85.00 + ÂŁ10.00 if going on Thursday (each).

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Fesrival yes,rally no:( @Wombles posted this the other day

1. Despite months of trying to get a reply from the Sunshine & Mello festival organisers (as they are on track to sell out for both festivals this time) they don't need us for numbers this year so we won't have a Fun & RVOC meet at either of these in 2018 :( We had some fantastic feedback from last years Sunshine Meet both from members & from the organisers & we were promised a lot for this year but sadly the organisers have changed their plans.
    We are still trying to get them to honour their promise (we have this in writing) of family tickets for both Mello & Sunshine which were for a fundraising auction for RVOC member Cassie to help fund her pioneering treatment in Russia for MS.
    For anyone who is considering going to Sunshine suggest buying your tickets soon as the price goes up after midnight on 31st January.
    We aren't giving up on the idea of festivals & events combined with motorhoming & are pleased that Lymington Seafood Festival & Stratford River Festival Rallies have had such a good response & are going ahead :hi5: We have been in contact with quite a few major festivals & may be volunteering as Stewards at some this year so will try to convince them that they should encourage more motorhomers!

Last edited: Saturday at 6:14 PM
I can only find one price of ÂŁ85.00 plus ÂŁ10.00 extra for Thursday. Is there a link for the site. I'm happy to book tonight/tomorrow

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi everyone - we did manage to organise a meet there last year https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/sunshine-festival-2017-upton-24-28-august-meet.144891/ with members booking price at just ÂŁ64 per ticket with Thursday arrival & our own area but sadly this year they don't need our numbers as on track to sell out for Sunshine & their other festival Mello. Understand that many will now have the festival bug & still want to go but as mentioned above the price is currently ÂŁ85 (Thursday arrival ÂŁ95) each & according to their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/thesunshinefestival/ is due to go up to ÂŁ95 after midnight tomorrow.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Hi everyone - we did manage to organise a meet there last year https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/sunshine-festival-2017-upton-24-28-august-meet.144891/ with members booking price at just ÂŁ64 per ticket with Thursday arrival & our own area but sadly this year they don't need our numbers as on track to sell out for Sunshine & their other festival Mello. Understand that many will now have the festival bug & still want to go but as mentioned above the price is currently ÂŁ85 (Thursday arrival ÂŁ95) each & according to their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/thesunshinefestival/ is due to go up to ÂŁ95 after midnight tomorrow.
Sorry to ask this but do they have a direct number to phone would you know please?
Edit: Now booked and so has @Andrew Lee

Last edited:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
We've booked. Arriving Thursday. Even a booking fee this time but still an excellent time to be had

scottie

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
So are any funsters going to the sunshine event this year.

scottie

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
Thanks Ex, looking to see how many Ermms I can get to see actual numbers. I missed out last year, having bought a ticket, due to my youngest sons illness at the time. I need to make my decision tomorrow, so just trying to get a feel for numbers.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Thanks Ex, looking to see how many Ermms I can get to see actual numbers. I missed out last year, having bought a ticket, due to my youngest sons illness at the time. I need to make my decision tomorrow, so just trying to get a feel for numbers.
Well I do know at least another couple are going because we booked at the same time.
There isn't a dedicated place for Funsters this year like last year, just quiet or general camping

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I'm pretty sure that @Wombles will formulate a list of who's attending but that might be a bit presumptuous of me

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Why I thought there wasn't a rally this year just individual attendees ?
There isn't a rally as such, just individual bookings but I'm just assuming someone might collate.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back