Temporary holiday sites (1 Viewer)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Does any one know how these THS sites work the C&CC have one in May at one of my favourite towns , the campsite we normaly stop at has gone down the route of a minimum stay of 3 nights no good to me at the moment . Can you just turn up or do you have to book with the organisers . Anyone used them ?

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
We often use them. You don't normally need to book and can just turn up. It's worth looking on line though just in case its bookings only.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
We use them as well, most of the time it is only a field with water and toilet and rubbish dump, some can get busy especially those on the coast when the school holidays are on. Worth a phone call first on the contact number.

Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Evening Howard H
I have used them many times over the years, as Kim H says but I have never booked but have phoned the contact number of the stewards just in case. Never found a bad one yet, best one York Cricket Club. Wish the other club would publish THS in there magazine and app the same way.
Colin

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We started using THS quite a bit last year and found them pretty good. They are often in locations (school playing fields etc) where you would not normally be able to stay. Some of them you have to book but most you just turn up.

On the C&CC website you can search for whichever location you are interested in. We found that even the ones you don't have to book can get very busy so its worth giving the steward on site a ring on the day to make sure they have room.

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Evening Howard H
I have used them many times over the years, as Kim H says but I have never booked but have phoned the contact number of the stewards just in case. Never found a bad one yet, best one York Cricket Club. Wish the other club would publish THS in there magazine and app the same way.
Colin
Evening Colin . Just seen that one in the mag I guess that one will get very busy,I did not know the other lot did THS . Regards Howard

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We use them because you don't need to book, but remember you get a lot of children at them normally with the grandparents. (y) Bob.

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Thanks everyone for the replies I think I will give the Kirby Lonsdale one in May (y)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
There's an app called out and about.
Shows you all the ccc meets.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
If you use fb there is also a closed group which the DA's use to advertise. I find the c&cc out & about frustrating to use, unless it's changed alot in the last few months.

I've used a few - great value last year for £12/nt inc ehu on the beach on a site in cornwall last April. If we'd gone direct with the site it was £20/nt.

I don't think the CAMC have THS as such do they? Ones I've seen have been silly prices, one at Eastnor Castle a few years ago was £40/nt. I remember posting on their forum asking if it was a typo:Eeek:.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We've used C&CC THSs and they have been excellent. Often minimal facilities, but fantastic for flexibility - just turn up and stay for 1 night, or as long as you want. Usually great value too, especially in the school holidays. But as was mentioned previously, you'll need to be a Club member because the rally officer will want to see your card(s).

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
We've used C&CC THSs and they have been excellent. Often minimal facilities, but fantastic for flexibility - just turn up and stay for 1 night, or as long as you want. Usually great value too, especially in the school holidays. But as was mentioned previously, you'll need to be a Club member because the rally officer will want to see your card(s).
Thanks Mike I am a member so will give it a try , their proper sites are getting a bit expensive so will try Ths and cl this year when in the uk (y)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
In the out and about app, you can select area, dates, type of meet.
It's very good.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back